The Greenbrier is a must-do transport back in time. Despite the beauty of this classic resort, the main hotel/grounds are marred by current construction to build a new underground mega- casino. There are plans to build new golf courses and many new homes. The charm and seclusion can't last much longer. All the employees are extremely supportive of the new owner and the casino. Though a little bit worn, the place still oozes charm. Though undeniably gaudy by modern standards, I wouldn't update the look. The hotel and its employees make the place special despite the inconvenience of the construction. I do have one major complaint: the food is (exhorbitantly) priced inversely proportionate to its (inferior) quality. Both the main dining room and bar have great ambiance, but I really had to shake my head at the low quality , bland taste, and lack of presentation of the food in both. Terrible. The town of White Sulphur Springs literally has NOTHING, so unless you want to drive into Lewisburg, which you don't because you want to be wrapped in the time warp, you are stuck with less than mediocre dining options. One does not go to the Greenbrier looking for a bargain, but for quality. While I am no fan of the all-inclusive, give me a break on the nickel and diming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv