This was our first visit to the Greenbrier, certainly could not complain about the grounds, absolutely beautiful.
Pros: Friendly helpful staff, very comfortable room, good food, and the bonus of having a casino on site. Nearby town of Lewisburg is very quaint and neat place to visit.
Cons: The decor is very "floral" and a little too much pink for my taste, but that's a matter of taste. Also be prepared to be hit with the fees (resort, historical preservation, etc) and they automatically add a 20% service charge to everything.
Overall a beautiful spot, lots of history, would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv