My daughter and I recently visited the Greenbrier for a father/daughter surprise trip. It is her senior year and she knew nothing of where we were going until we arrived. Had a very nice time and came home only to find 10 days later an unauthorized charge on my Credit Card for over $560.00. When I inquired about it, I was told it was for destruction of property, television and stand in the room. I was taken back and in complete shock. Not only did said incident NOT take place, but before a charge was ever ran on the credit card, I received NO phone call or letter to ask about the situation. I phoned the Greenbrier and throughout the inquiry spent cumulatively over an hour on hold. I spoke with everyone to include accounting department, Manager of Guest Relations, to the President of the Greenbrier, Mr. Kimmiek. I was told it was reported by housekeeping to security to investigate. Dealing with immense frustration after getting no where quickly, I contacted the Bell Captain and actually spoke with the Bellman that picked up our luggage once we had left the room for the final time. He even admitted there were no issues when he picked up our luggage. I was given several promises by both the Manager of Guest Relations and also the President that they would get back with me without delay. After 4 subsequent phone calls to both on the second day dealing with this, I finally heard back from the President and he acknowledge Greenbrier was in the wrong for charging my credit card without notice prior. His exact statement that left me in disgust was, " We don't know who destroyed the television, whether it was my daughter and I or someone on staff at the hotel, but it was broken and they would be refunding the funds to my credit card." I spent over $2,000.00 for a three day stay there and the only thing I got out of the whole situation, was an apology for the unauthorized charge and an accusation of destruction of property. Not once was there any, even though stated by the bellman nothing was damaged, a statement absolving us from the damage found in the room. I stay at many hotels and dine out frequently. The very least the President could have done was comp us a night or provide some type of compensation. The last memory my daughter has is being accused of something we never committed. What a complete lack of customer care. We would NEVER recommend this Hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv