Unfortunately, we visited The Greenbier over Easter Weekend which happened to be when a noro virus was running rampant in the hotel. All of my family (as well as many other families that we met) were struck with the bug. Not the hotel's fault, but the way that the outbreak was handled was really disappointing. For example, when we called about seeing a local doctor, the concierge told me that they could not help us. When I called to cancel my spa appointment because I was throwing up all night, I was told that there was a 24 hour cancellation policy and I would be charged if I didn't show up for the appointment.
This is still a very nice resort, but for the prices being paid, one would expect the service and understanding (especially in our situation) to be more top notch. I doubt that we will return anytime soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv