This place is so reminiscent of a by gone time but remains affordable to the super rich and average person. Carlton Varney overloads your senses in a positive way with the decor. Price wise you can go a expensive or as realistic as you want. This place offers so much sometimes it's nice just to sit back and enjoy the facilities amenities without the splurge on extras. Don't get me wrong...the shopping, restaurants, tours, exercises classes, spa, and outdoor activities are fab and make the experience even better! Remember to bring your fancy pants (and ladies don't let your husbands/partners doubt you on their dress code! My husband learned the hard way when he was asked to go and put on a coat to eat dinner in the main dining room). They made our anniversary lovely with custom menus and deserts. Highly recommend pre dinner drinks in the lobby bar under the new Gone With the Wind chandelier procured from Debbie Reynolds surrounded by deep wood, sipping a martini. Catch the new Greenbrier Waltz at 10pm on the weekend with complimentary champagne toast in the out of this world casino. This place is perfect for any season and any occasion!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv