If you are a fan of vintage decor, history and architecture, you will love this place. We choose to stay in mostly historic properties, and this hotel has been nicely maintained and preserved. All older hotels have quirks, so if that is a problem for you, don't book at one. Our Superior room was large, with an extremely comfortable bed and bedding. Room was very clean. In addition to the mints, the maid left postcards and the daily activity sheet at turn down. The grounds are very nice, even in the winter. There are all sorts of rooms, so if you want to find a quiet place to read under a portrait of Grace Kelly, you can. It is a bit quiet off season, but I enjoyed that. The spa was very nice, and the Swedish massage, while a bit pricey, was great. My only complaint would be the service charges on everything- and calculating of tax after the service charge. It adds up. Also, 20 percent for take out seems a bit excessive. The food on our recent trip was great, so no complaints there (Prime 44 West, Forum). The historical slide show was very interesting, and there are lots of archival pictures throughout the halls. I personally did not care for the Draper decorating style, but it adds to the vintage feel, and you do get used to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv