My husband and I just returned from our first visit to The Greenbrier. The hotel is truly stunning. We loved the facilities and it's historic charm.
Room: Our room had ample space, was well appointed and the bed was very comfortable. We really did have a great room on the 4th floor. It was in a private alcove and was very quiet during our stay. Our only complaint of the room was the very low water pressure in the shower.
Service: The service that we received during our stay was as you would expect for this type of facility. Andy in the main dining room for breakfast on Sunday morning was a shining star during our stay.
Restaurants: During our stay we dined at Drapers for lunch, Prime 44 for dinner and the Main Dining room for breakfast. The filet and table side made Cesar salad at Prime 44 were fantastic. The buffet for breakfast at the main dining room was one of the best we ever had. They were constantly turning over the food, refreshing and replenishing the selections. It hands down beat the brunch we had at The Jefferson in Richmond,VA by a long shot. My only complaint of our dining experiences at the Greenbrier relates to Prime 44. We were there for our 15th anniversary - so we were looking forward to a delicious romantic dinner. We got delicious, but romantic it was not. The restaurant was aware we were there for an anniversary and commented on it when we were seated, but proceeded to place us next to two very large (and loud) parties. It really took away from the entire experience.
Spa: My husband and I both had spa treatments during our stay. There was a scheduling snafu, they had us booked for our treatments for the following week. When we went to sign in they quickly worked things out to accommodate our treatments. I had the Greenbrier Treatment and the massage that Stephen did that accompanied the treatment was superb!
Casino: We had a fun time here and even won a little money!
Overall, it was a very good experience...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv