I'm going to be honest---this classic resort is way beyond our means. That said, when I was searching for places to stay on a leisurely trip back to the VA coast for the holidays I included the Greenbrier because my wife grew up nearby. I knew they went all out for decorating at Christmas and thought we might be able to splurge for one night. Using the search on their website I found a grid that showed me that for only one night of pre-Christmas week they had an astounding rate that included a Bed and Breakfast option. I contacted their reservation service and found out it was true, Katie, the wonderful person I talked to booked us a great B&B package for one night.
From the time you turn into the driveway at the Greenbrier you are greeted by name and coddled for your entire stay. I've never in my life had this kind of experience. As we expected the place was decked out for Christmas. I guess a jaded person could find something to nitpick about but we genuinely enjoyed our contact with everyone we encountered. I will not go into a lot of details here but everything about the place rates a 10.
If you can afford it this is THE place to go for a Christmas holiday stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv