Love, love, love the Greenbrier at Christmas time! While I don’t always like the choice of décor, it’s still a beautiful place to visit and you can just imagine all the people that have been there before you!
I was disappointed with the parking if you choose not to valet your car. We drove around for about 15 minutes before we actually found a spot way outback that was not reserved for valet.
I realize the age of the hotel can present some electrical issues, but the web of extension cords behind my bed left me feeling a little uneasy when I went to bed. If you can, I would request a newly updated room, the floral prints are a little overwhelming for me, especially when they are on the ceiling. The newly updated rooms are much more calming and relaxing. The beds are very comfortable, I love the turn-down service at night. I never heard a peep from outside in the hallways which is always an issue at other hotels.
We ate dinner in the Main Dining Room which was pricey at $200 for two of us, but the food was delicious and our waiter was wonderful! I wish I had gotten his name!
There is plenty to do here!! The pool area is so relaxing and pretty! Be sure to bring comfortable shoes and be sure to visit the Christmas Shoppe on your way in or out, or both. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Loved the champagne at check-in! Nice touch!
Will definitely look forward to my next visit back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv