We just finished a great visit at Greenbrier. The place is amazing and was all decorated for Christmas. The only complaint we had was the automatic 20 percent tip included in every bar and restaurant. Some people deserved it but others showed that there was no incentive for them to excel. I would suggest to management that perhaps a 10 percent gratuity be included but leave it to the customer to add the other 10 percent only if the service merited it. Our waiter in the main dining room did not deserve any tip. My steak, which was ordered rare, came medium and he did nothing when we told him. However, the service in the steak restaurant was amazing and deserved more than the 20 percent tip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv