Everything started out well, except for no dinner reservations for day 1, and two for day two! If it were my mistake you would think they would have pointed it out, so for day one it was the only place that did not require a reservation. My husband and I both ordered the fried chicken dinner at over 25 a plate, really fried chicken is not worth that much. The small portion of green beans were very greasy, and I am sure the mashed potatoes were instant. They automatically add in a 20% tip, so eating here is quite expensive to say the least. All of the staff are extremely nice, but let me decide if worth 20%. Room service food seemed to be tge better quality, and again very attentive, accomodating staff. Day two, we had reservations. We were placed in the corner where the wait staff place orders so it was hustle and bustle with not much privacy. We waited 45 min for our food, and my shrimp was raw. I could not eat it, we walked out! Popcorn at JJs the sports bar was dinner. We ordered room service again that night, and was very pleased. There are an array of activities to choose from, so we stayed quite busy. Most are reasonably priced. Bottles of watervrun from 2 to 3 bucks, so pack a small cooler and bring your own. We had the bed and breakfast package, so our buffet breakfast, with the omlette station was included. Very nice variety of food, potatoes could really be better if they are indeed made by avreal chef. Overall our stay was very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv