A great traditional (1950's-1970's) year round golf/ski resort and hot spring spa. It is expensive and rather formal. Great sports facilities! It is hard to approach. You either have to fly to Roanoke and drive. Fly to DC and drive (nice 4hr drive down the Shendoah valley). Fly to Ohio and drive. You can also take the train as it remains on the CSX mainline (It was owned by the C&O RR). Cottages are the oldest rooms on the property and the best! Food is excellent. Consider pre-trip reservations. Be sure to take the historical tour of the resort and the bomb shelter tour (bomb shelter for Congress in case of nuclear war finished the week of the Cuban missle crisis).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv