We booked for four nights with a three day golf package. We played all the courses; Old White, the Greenbrier Course, and the Meadows. The organizational performance of the staff loading the bags, and caddying (required at Old White) was superb. There had been lots of rain prior to our arrival so the practice tees were a little rough. The courses themselves were in excellent condition. Our room was spacious, beautiful, and immaculate. Our only complaint was the air conditioning, which was very noisy. We thought that the meals in the Main Dining Room were the best. We generally eat seafood, and the grouper was prepared perfectly. West 44 was fine; the corn pudding was outstanding. I had snapper, and it was ok but a tad overdone. Our biggest disappointment was at Sam Snead's. When our waitress brought the wine, she just put the bottles on the table and walked away! Three in our party ordered halibut, and it was overdone and dry. What we really enjoy at the Greenbrier however (excluding our Sam Snead experience) is the sincere friendliness and attentiveness of the staff. From housekeepers to casino employees to valet staff we found that all were professional and knowledgable. Staying at the Greenbrier is not cheap, but it is always memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv