I loved this resort! The food was essentially superb in all venues (though pricey). Our room, though at the low end of the price range was bright and spacious with a queen, a sofa, a chaise, two arm chairs and a table, a walk in closet and large bathroom. The service was uniformly friendly and great from concierge to maid service. The spa was wonderful and the whole wing with the pool and spa was really lovely (I had the GB massage, soak and whiskey shower special). The underground vault is fascinating and worth the tour. The artist colony was charming with gorgeous items for purchase. An extended walk around the grounds, provided spectacular views in all directions.
My only criticism is with the decor, the chintz and floral excess is so dated and so overpowering. It makes a statement, and sets the GB off with its own unique look, but that signature is unfortunately loud, pink, green, and multi-patterned. Not very calming for a spa resort. But with the many amenities the GB has to offer, I soon overlooked the crazy decorating and looked for other diversions among its many offerings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv