The Greenbrier is a place to go if you wish to be transported back to a time when service and dress were normal. I am not going to get into all of the resort ammenities, which are numerous. The charm of this place is in the detail. I do not beileve there was an employee the entire trip that did not give us a heart felt greeting or warm wishes. Everyone of them truely wanted to go out of their way to make our trip more enjoyable. The entire compound holds true to its original turn of the century architecture extravagance. We stayed in a standard room which had all of the regular hotel ammenities. Yes, it was not large, and had dated features but they were all charming, clean, worked perfectly and looked brand new. The public rooms were dramatic. There were tall detailed ceilings, large windows, enormous chandeliers everywhere, winding stairways and passageways in every direction. You could have spent hours exploring just the inside. Although it was March and patches of snow were on the ground, we did manage a stroll outside and could imagine the beauty that spring would bring with all of the landscape in full bloom. In the evening, we enjoyed both the main dining room and the Forum. The service and food were impecible. The casino was like being on the vegas strip with the usual gaming. The only difference being that the drinks were not free. Which brings me to the last item and that is the fees. I have been to other resorts that charge similar fees. This was the only time I felt that all of them were completely justified. It is a 5 star resort with 5 star service and earned every penny that I paid them. My only suggestion to the Greenbrier would be to come up with an All-Inclusive price so there will be no sticker shock at checkout. The only other resort I know of in America of this caliber that has an All-Inclusive price is the Amelia Island Plantation in Florida.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv