When we drove through the rural WV mountains, suddenly arrived at the grand hotel. The beautiful ground, and warm welcome from the bell man to housekeeper.
We read some negative reviews about this hotel, but overall, we really enjoyed our two nights stay at this hotel.
You have to prepare to spend money, but this is the place who commit to have a great vacation and enjoy the piece of the luxury.
The room is decorated with old southern charm, and it was very clean. The spacious room with large walk-in closet. The bathroom is a smaller, but efficient.
We enjoyed our dinner at the FORUM. I wish the entrees are bit smaller size. The food we ordered were excellent, and service was great. Just be prepare to pay more than $100 for two, food only.
The Seared Sea Scallops served on creamy Lobster and Parmesan Risotto was the out of this world. Scallops were cooked perfect (they are BIG), and it is VERY rich. This is the dish to share.
The Draper's, the casual restaurant by the Casino. We had very good waitress (thanks to Kristen) . We enjoyed the "Roasted Vegetable salad", the vegetables are from their own farm! However, the Chicken pot pie was popular item, but its chicken gravy was too thick and strong. We asked for a warm milk to add in the gravy.
Hope this restaurant have a "dessert tray", so it will be easier to make our choice.
The afternoon tea (free for the hotel guest) is served from 4pm to 4:45 and there is a long line. It is not worth your effort for weak tea and so so food. This is the seasonal.
1. Join the Bunker tour. It is $30/person guided tour, and its worth it.
2. Walk around the hotel and its ground. Visit 'President cottage museum'. When you walk to the golf club, stop by the pool. The beautiful view with the infinity pool is almost perfect. (Peak through the gate during off-season).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv