This is an old school southern classic property well hidden mountain report. Only a few hours from Washington D.C. and Nothern VA area, the hotel offers a unique atmosphere and top-nouch hospitality.
My husband and I had a chance to visit The Greenbrier for our friend's wedding, and we were very impressed with incredibly hospitable people who work there and all the activities that were offered at the resort.
We stayed in the main hotel building, and our room was really hysterically designed - I am not a big fan of draperies ...and crazy wall papers.. I understand that that is one of the unique element of the property - but not my personal favorite... We also had a chance to visit cottages..and the cottages were SO wonderful. We are definitely staying at the cottage next time we visit. The rooms at the cottages are very spacious..and the cottage is equipped with fireplace, dining table, and large bathrooms. So, if you can, stay at the cottage.
The resort also offers varies activities including shooting, horseback riding, hiking, golfing, and many others. So, even if you are stuck in the middle of nowhere (like West Virginia), you have plenty of activities you can do. The bunker tour is so much fun and it's a must-activity when you are visiting the greenbrier.
The only downside of the resort is that things are STUPID expensive. This is definitely a place where you will over pay for everything you buy and do. Your bagel sandwich and a cup of coffee will cost you $20. So, keep that in mind. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv