I stayed recently at the Greenbrier. While I did not enjoy the train ride there....the greenbrier was fantastic. I am giving it a three thumbs up. Outstanding! I do not know where to begin. The room was gorgeous; the amenities wonderful...the shops to die for . There were little espresso cafes and late night casual dining. I hiked around the property for many miles and was in awe of the gorgeous scenery.
It was elegant ...the staff top notch. The only thing that was mildly bothersome is we had an over nine hour trip to get there and thus saved our best clothes for the resort. When we asked a male concierege where we could casually eat, he answered but advised us of the dress code which we were familiar with as we didnt even have our bags from the bell man yet, upon arrival. Other than that , it was spectacular. I did not want to leave. The food I ate (I want to say sweet potato fries at the causal eatery were outstanding. )
The staff in the espresso shop remembered my drink....I loved being there. we are going back for Christmas holidays. I love to be casual but didnt mind at all dressing up for the resort. It deserved a dress code as it lives up to extremely fine place to go.
I recommend it for everyone. Hikers, bikers , walking , golfing etc etc. ; family (although it is formal ) seniors, everyone. I went years ago before the renovation and I was not impressed. I am now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv