My wife and I made our 11th visit over 20 years this past week, the first since the Casino opened, and we thought the hotel was as good, if not better than ever. We stayed in a newly renovated deluxe king w/golf package and would give the hotel a 4.5 Star, ranking it close alongside the Cloisters/Lodge in Sea Island as the best in the South in our opinion. Bedding/amenities top of line. Decor and conditioning show the new owner is putting his money where his mouth is and the friendly (always courteous and efficient) service showed the employees are happy again....key to The Greenbrier's great reputation for over 200 years now. Conditioning of the golf courses was top notch. The only drawback is that food quality is very good, but seldom gourmet (as are their price levels).......much as always and characteristic of large hotels anywhere. Cost is always higher end here, because of the activities and service level. The dress code are reasonable and refreshing, considering the clientele, and they do appear to be largely enforced.
We are so grateful that Marriott was not able to put its "mark" on this property. We'll be back again soon and would recommend to family, friends and business associates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv