“Wheeling Island Customer Service Line”

Wheeling Island Hotel Casino Racetrack
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Not at all pleased with your staff working the 800 number. My husband and I both called Tuesday evening 12/4/12 and an "Ashley" answered the phone on both of our tries at calling to book a room. Ashley was extremely rude, unprofessional, and told both of us there weren't any rooms available for the entire weekend. I had other questions for her that she did not answer, and proceeded to hang up on me! My husband tried calling again this morning and got a very nice gentleman this time, and needless to say....we got our room booked. Why did this Ashley person lie to us both saying the hotel was booked when it wasn't at all?? I think you need to screen your employees a little better or something. HOW RUDE!!!

Room Tip: Good luck calling to book a room
Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank nikkilondon1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,781)

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our family was looking for something close enough to go and do for the evening and my kids love staying in hotels! Low and behold you can take kids to the dog races.. What kids do not love dogs? The hotel was offering a room with 25.00 slot pay for 129.00. The room has a great polynesian theme.. very roomy and spacious. The only downside was the location of the towels above the toilet.. you can imagine where some of those ended up while trying to grab one in the shower, air/heating units in the wall little louder than normal. All things that would not stop me from returning. The kids also loved the pizza after the races.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank edist0
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed a Saturday night at Wheeling Island as a quick getaway to relax. We paid for the room package that came with free play. Our room was on the 5th floor and was spacious for a casino hotel. We were given a non-smoking room like we had requested, so we were happy with the accommodations. We didn't gamble very late, so I wondered if we'd be awakened by hallway noise, but we both slept well. We ate at the sandwich place in the food court and the food was fresh and fast. We both left ahead from playing the slots, and were more relaxed from the getaway. Although other reviewers have mentioned long wait times to check in, we did not have that problem and only had a few people in front of us at the registration desk. Overall, we'd be happy to go back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank J G
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Me and my wife took my mother in-law down for an over night stay(weekend). After playing the slots for few hours my mother-in-law went up to bed in the hotel room. Me and wife stayed down playing for a other few hours. We went up to bed in the hotel. When we got their around 10-11 am we could hear this load A%% noise coming from outside the window of our room. We called down to the front disk and ask them what it was? They said it was the live music band. Then said it was nothing they could do about but it,And they would be playing until 2 am. So we could not sleep until after 2am. They did not care about us sleeping and when I spoke to the daytime person at check out she did not help us out with and type of compensation for our troubles .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank ParksTravel30
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I,ve been coming to Wheeling for 20 years. Since the Casino Hotel opened I've never payed
for a room. I live in Buffalo, NY & absolutely love their dog racing, but unfortunately their
hosts are the worse I've ever seen. Had trips set up where there suppose to be taken care of
by the host. I check in after driving 4 hours, & nothing is done, & I have to chase down a host
to comp my room. I've talked to the Director Of Players services, I get a new host, & have the same problem. Had a trip scheduled for 10-26-12, free room of coupon. Needed a free room 10-27-12, called the director 3 times, left 3 messages, checked if she was in, which she was.
No return call. So now after 20 years of coming to Wheeling Island, you'll never have to worry
about calling me again! I'm done don't waste either of our times. Thanks, Larry R Buffalo, NY

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank larry r
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel on a Sunday night while returning home from a trip. Other reviewers have complained about the long check-in lines because hotel registration and the players club are combined at one desk. They are absolutely correct. We spent 25-30 minutes waiting in line to check in. Our hotel room was spotless, quiet, and very comfortable except for one item -- the bed pillows are flat. The only open food establishment available to us was the buffet, which closes at 8:30PM each day. The deli/pizzeria had closed at 5:30PM, and the steakhouse is only open Thursday through Saturday after 5:00PM. If you're planning to stay at Wheeling Island, I would advise checking into what restaurants exist off the property. Also, room televisions have very limited channels and I'm sure this is to encourage patrons to spend more time in the casino or at a bar.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Blaire710
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a coupon for a special rate of $39 for a king size room, which was a great rate! The room was very clean and quiet. The bed wasn't the most comfortable, nor were the pillows, but for the price who could complain. We enjoyed our time in the casino, the slots didn't seem as tight as some are. All the staff was very pleasant.

Room Tip: We were in a king size end room on the 6th floor, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MohicanTraveler2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Hampton Inn Wheeling
Hampton Inn Wheeling
#1 of 8 in Wheeling
The McLure Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wheeling Triadelphia at the Highlands

Been to Wheeling Island Hotel Casino Racetrack? Share your experiences!