“Love the dogs!”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Love the dogs!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Even though gambling has come to Ohio, we still enjoy traveling to Wheeling if for no other reason than the dogs. The slots are not that great and I didn't see anyone hit anything big all weekend. However, the dog races are my favorite. I really enjoy watching them and putting small wagers on the races. I am still trying to talk my husband into letting me adopt one of the retired dogs. Love them!!!

Panama City Beach, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great way to spend an evening”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I wanted to celebrate our birthdays, both are only 4 days apart. We went to the "Island", as the locals call it. Our evening was wonderful. We played many machines The slot variety is equal to the Meadows in PA. or Charleston. Wva. Staff was friendly and helpful. Soft drinks are free from a self serve kiosk, and cocktails are available for a price. Note, drinks are free in the High Roller Slot room. This is a small casino, smoke can be a problem, but they do have a non smoking area. After several hours we departed with some winnings and a lot of smiles. Had a great time.

Visited August 2013
Michigan
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Decent casino for a hour or two of fun”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was vacationing in Wheeling with a friend but she went home Sunday afternoon and I wasn't due to leave until the next morning, so I wandered to the casino as there wasn't much else to do. I appreciated the non-smoking slot area, though the casino wasn't that smoky compared to others I've been in. Of course it was still early and they weren't very busy either.

Anyhow I thought that there was a fine selection of slots in the non-smoking section and though it's a smaller casino I'm not sure why so many people are complaining. The self serve beverage stations are great and I walked about pretty much even after spending about an hour there playing slots and walking around. To me that's a pretty good visit to a casino. I don't play enough to win big, so I never expect to.

Triadelphia, WV
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Go to Las Vegas instead, it's cheaper”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Casino will suck up all of your money and no one will even thank you.

Drinks on the floor are not free.

Their return on slot play is one of the lowest in the country; table games are terrible, and they are hurting financially.

5 Thank Jon L
Massillon, Ohio, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Going down hill..sorry for long review.”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Hubby and spent the weekend there. It seems customer service is lacking..most of the workers were friendly, however the hotel check-in and players club is now combined. There was about 7 people in hotel line and about 14 in players club with 2 workers. I checked in at 2:15 was told my room wasn't ready, ok no biggie check in is at 3. We went back up again waiting in line only to be told sorry still not ready, same thing at 4:30 finally at 5:15 got our room only to find they gave us a handicap room, no tub just a big hospital type bathroom with a dark shower with very little water pressure. The rooms are getting very rundown. Had to wait in line 2 more time to get my free play from the stay and play package. They don't have enough workers to cover the amount of people. Hubby and I stay at least 3-4 times per year. Plus I do several day trips. Not many machines to choose from. We decided when we go in October we are going to book our room at the hotel in front of the meadows in PA. hopefully wheeling starts making some major changes. At least we did somewhat good on the slots.

2 Thank Shana R