Wheeling Island Racetrack and Gaming Center
Ranked #3 of 50 things to do in Wheeling
Reviewed January 4, 2013

a friend and I went to play the slots, it was a lot of fun, will do it again soon... it is pretty neat hearing all the sounds of the machines, and it they have great service..

1  Thank ScoobieDew62

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Same lights and whistles as every other casino I have ever been in has slots and table games whatever you do do NOT EAT at the buffet the food is cold and terribly prepared i realize its a buffet but it was the worst one I have ever ate at

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Your typical casino, nothing special. They have a lot of older style, reel type slot machines instead of the newer video machines. Quite a large no smoking area, but the whole place still smells like smoke.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

... I enjoy watching dog racing and this was an excellent venue.

We started out in one of the tables in the upper level and had fun watching it live as well as on the monitor on the table. We actually ran into family on the lower track level and finished watching the racing out there.

It wasn't crowded, it was a very relaxed atmosphere. I don't know much about dog racing -- but it was close to the bar/food and restrooms.

My only complaint was that we walked through the casino to get to the racetrack. We didn't realize that you could park in the garage or outside near the track. Will do that from now on when we visit.

An easy drive from Pittsburgh and it's well marked from I-70 for directions to Wheeling Island.

Enjoy it and look forward to our return!

1  Thank DivaLVegas
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Love the place Don't gamble much but really love playing the one arm bandit Would go again in a heart beat.