“Great staff & friendly locals”

Abbey's Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #20 of 111 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I started with the lobster & crab bisque very good and glad to get a small shell in the mouth every once in while. I know its real. Fresh and hot bread was great. Ordered a scampi crab bake appetizer and the taste was great just sad to see it was imitation crab meat. For dinner went with perch and it was great.

1  Thank MrDanny135
There are newer reviews for Abbey's Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I tried my friends Blackened Sea Bass and was wonderful. Our Prime Rib has been very very tasty both times. But, the last time I know they shorted me on my portion size even though I brought it up to the waitress. The first time it was enough for another whole meal for me and my husband. Second time, he had enough for another meal, but I only had hardly enough to satisfy my dinner hunger. Love the broccoli side, but the night that I had the corn side it was much to be desired!!

1  Thank RoseyJake
Reviewed March 4, 2014

A fine local restaurant and bar. Nice, friendly atmosphere with good food and friendly faces.
The rotisserie ribs and chicken are very good and they have a great steak on Thursday nites.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I frequent Abbey's about three times a month. The staff is always warm and friendly. On Friday and Saturday nights, you'll have the pleasure of meeting Abbey and his son, Joey who tend bar and provide fantastic service and great food. I highly recommend the steak or Old Bay spicy shrimp. Both choices are excellent.

1  Thank BkBench
Reviewed July 31, 2013

These ribs are the same as the Grove served years back.....which means the best slow cooked dry rubbed ribs anywhere..........except ........Abbey's will serve ribs the next day from the prior evening and these ribs can be very dry, tough and nearly impossible to eat.

Prices are fair.....service is very good and it is a comfortable Cheers like atmosphere, but make sure your ribs are not left overs from the prior day and you will leave happy.

If your ribs are not satisfactory for any reason......tell your server, insist on sending them back and ask for a refund.....something sadly I have had to do about one in every five visits.