“A little piece of Heaven”

Oglebay Park Good Zoo
Ranked #4 of 50 things to do in Wheeling
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I liked the fact,for a small zoo,there was a good variety of animals to see and the surroundings were beautiful.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The lights were nice, it was nice going early in the season, hardly any cars, which was very nice, no lines. Most of the displays were very nice, using energy saving lights you can tell they were not as bright, but in all it was a nice trip, would we go again to see it, do not think so, it will be a one time thing.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The animals are well cared for. However, I saw a lot of broken concrete and rotting public fences. Zoo needs a little TLC and a new reawakening. The indoor facilities were well designed and well kept.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was disappointed by how few animals were there. I don't even know how it can be called a "zoo." The zoo train was not operating, and all the outside animals "closed" at 4:00. There was a model toy train exhibit, a small indoor laser show (it was OK), and an outdoor light/music show (it was quite nice). Had it not been for the two shows, I would have been annoyed to have paid $16/couple.

1  Thank LouisePennsylvania
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I visited Good Zoo today, with my 2 yr. old nephew and was disappointed. I paid almost $17 for 2 adults to see 3 merkats, 1 fat goat, 1 billy goat, 2 mules, 2 ducks, 1 red panda, 2 elks, 2 zebras, 2 ostriches, and 2 otters. The Lorikeet Landing is closed during the week, Discovery was closed because of carpet shampoo. It is a small return for costs, as there is no zoo personnel available - you get a map and you walk about a mile up and down the hills, seeing a few animals several yards away - most are in their caves or houses or aren't open, so you don't get the enjoyment of the zoo experience, which was my objective my little nephew's first experience. Don't waste your money.

1  Thank Beachlovin