“I’d eat my own limbs before dining here again” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ye Olde Alpha

Ye Olde Alpha
Ranked #4 of 109 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“I’d eat my own limbs before dining here again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Although the food here is decent, the atmosphere is dark and depressing and the service borders on abusive.

Our evening started with a 10-minute wait before our waiter (we’ll call him Chuckles) reluctantly greeted us. When Chuckles brought us our drinks, my mother requested a glass for her beer and you would have thought she asked for a kidney. Then, after taking our food order, my daughter asked for more chips and salsa. We weren’t sure if Chuckles heard because he just stomped off. From then on, all our food/drinks were delivered as if he was throwing grenades at our table, then fleeing the scene.

My daughter and I got our meals rather quickly (served by someone else) but my mom had to wait an additional 15 minutes for her meal. Fifteen minutes to pour soup into a bowl? When she finally did get her soup, Chuckles slammed down the bowl and threw crackers in her direction. Who throws crackers at a 67-year-old?

We couldn’t wait to leave. Unfortunately, we would have to wait because Chuckles was busy complaining to the locals at the next table (Ah, yes, if you’re a local, Chuckles is much nicer to you) about how his fellow co-workers went home and stuck him as the only closer.

Why an owner would employ such a person, who clearly despises his job and many of the people he comes in contact with, is completely beyond me. Ye Old Alpha clearly isn’t concerned about customer service.

The next night we ate at Greco’s Italian Food: Pleasant atmosphere, good food and friendly staff – what a concept.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ornellaafamily

Denver, United States
“Great find. Great lunch near I70”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Trip Advisor and Yelp led us to this great find. Ribs, salads, awesome fries and pork shanks for our party of four. Food was home cooked and plentiful. Wait staff treated us like regulars. We'd have preferred newer restrooms but this meal was a great break and a surprising highlight in a long day of driving.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joanne S
“Out-of-Towners....this is a no-fail choice for dinner and drinks.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a great locally-owned neighborhood restaurant. Have been there 100 times and never had a bad meal. The entire menu is great. The wings are great. The complimentary chips and salsa are great. This place is well done at a decent price. The bar is small, but the ambiance is cool with moose and deer mounted on the walls. This place is a gem in Wheeling and probably the best all-around restaurant in the upper Ohio Valley. They just do lots of things very well.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Good food in a nice area!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The food is pretty good, I've never had a bad meal here. My boyfriend loves the wings and I love the salads. Definitely a great place for take out! It gets busy on weekend nights.

• Visited July 2013
“Gave it a try”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Went there on a Friday night for our first trip to Wheeling. It gets an average rating because two of the four entrees in our party were good and two were average. The value was questionable. Service was good. The fajitas were the best and seemed to be popular. The smell of cigarette smoke was noticeable from the bar attached to the restaurant, but we found smoking indoors was still allowed in several places we visited in Wheeling.

Visited August 2013