“Hotel Makeover Nomination”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Hotel Makeover Nomination”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Traveling through and took a chance with an older hotel with character. Thought the reviews might have been harsh, but the reviews were correct. We should have canceled the reservation and walked out. Carpets needed to be cleaned or replaced, very poorly lighted halls, parking garage was very dark & dirty, smelled old, and holes in the walls left from were pictures once hung. Slept on top of the covers with our own blankets and the loud hum of the A/C put us to sleep. Wifi did not work where we were located in the hotel. Upon leaving wanted to nominate for Hotel Makeover Show.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
mgarey, Manager at The McLure Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

We will take your recommendations into consideration. The details you have listed will be looked into carefully.

We are continuously getting better and we will make the necessary changes to make our guests stay as enjoyable as possible.

Thank again for your time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days on a business trip and it was awesome!
So much character. The people were Very nice, helpful and friendly. We loved it. Walking distance to everywhere! Fine dining, the river, and a very nice bar you can order food in. We have a service dog and everyone was so kind to him. I can't say enough good things about the people here. Rooms are clean and roomy. I would definately recommend it! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!

• Stayed July 2013
mgarey, Manager at The McLure Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
THANK YOU very much for your positive review.

I have mentioned your review to everyone at the hotel and they remember you and your German Shepard. It was a pleasure having you stay here.

Come back anytime.
Gulf Coast
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were driving through and needed a place to stay. Wanted to stay in the town. Had read the reviews but hoped they were just harsh. But, really this place needed some cleaning. The little back elevator smells so bad, rip that carpet out! Maybe they are just short staffed, I don't know. The rooms were not that bad, just tired looking, old linens. It did feel clean though, but the carpet again was just shot. Overall, it was not terrible, but they really need to update it some. And, it is a shame someone renovated it in the ?80's? and shamed it so bad. Bring back the original historical façade. Well, we enjoyed the visit to the town and the friendliness of the staff, thanks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mrsneurotic
We appreciate you staying with us and thank you for your feedback.

The issues that you have listed does concern our staff and we are going to complete and resolve some of the problems you mentioned. Currently, we are planning on taking up the carpet in our garage elevator. I will personally go into the room you mentioned to take a close look at the carpet. We do try to keep our carpet as clean as possible, but some rooms will need closer inspection.

We do appreciate your kind words about our friendly staff and I will surely pass on the message. I hope you will give a chance in the future as we will continue to improve our property.

Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Wheeling hotels

Alliance, Ohio
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Motel has a bar and restaurant. Lots of places very close by. Our room was clean and comfortable. Front guy was real helpful . Would reccomend. Also plenty to do and riverfront park was a very short walk away.

• Stayed June 2013
mgarey, Manager at The McLure Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Great news is what we like to hear.

You should come back to see us during our festival season in July and August.

Thanks again for your positive review.
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Though a little older, this hotel is well maintained and the staff were really great. The rooms are a little old but clean and worth the stay for your money, especially because of the location. It is few minutes away from the wheeling island casino and 20 minutes to the Golden Temple of Krishna. I forgot my camera battery and charger when I left the hotel and they were kind enough to mail it to me free of cost. The next time I visit wheeling, i would stay there for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello! Thank you for taking your time to write us a positive review.

We appreciate your kind words and I will let Cindy know that you received your camera accessories.

Please come back and see us when your in Wheeling.
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here before and have no problems what so ever. Staff was excellent and very kind. If you needed anything or called for an extra pillow, they were right up. I don't understand why so many bad reviews. I'm even planning my wedding for next year and booked the McLure hotel for my reception, which I am really thrilled about!! They are not just about over night stays. It's located right in the center of all the wheeling attractions, convenient for out of towners to go the highlands or st Clairsville for shopping and plenty of places to eat. I would deffinetly recommend and friends of ours continue to use when they come in from out of town. Plus they are making improvements all the time! Two thumbs up McLure Hotel :)

• Stayed January 2013
mgarey, Manager at The McLure Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Your review is great and uplifting. We appreciate your enthusiasm about the hotel and the Wheeling area. Your review encourages our motivation to keep giving our guests the best service we can provide. We know your wedding will go great because we have continued to accommodate our much beloved wedding guests.

Thank you again for all of your encouragement and Congratulations!
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I would just like to say that I was very disappointed to hear the way. I'm assuming management speaks to employees. I was very pleased with the service. My room was cleaned thoroughly every day without complaint. The staff was very friendly and helpful. However, I overheard a "supervisor " speaking to staff member and pointing out everything wrong that she had done. I could not believe what I was hearing. Right or wrong no employees should have to be treated the way she was. Positive reinforcement is the appropriate way to get a positive response and not have disgruntled employees who hate their jobs and only do enough to get by. I would like to say they do a wonderful job and she be opensated for their efforts.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank nonogirls
mgarey, Manager at The McLure Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

We appreciate your concern for the staff at the McLure Hotel. We are disappointed to hear that you only heard the negative comments about our employee. We always try to reinforce high quality work and, we completely agree with you about positive reinforcement. Every day we have to make sure that our employee's know what they do right and what they do wrong, which will ensure that our employee's learn from their mistakes. Feedback will guarantee the McLure Hotel's quality and create repeat guests. Thank you for your concern and I hope that you can rest easy, because we do our best to let the employee's know what a GREAT job they do for us and for our guests.

Please give us a call anytime if you would like to talk any further. Thank you and we hope you do not think that we are just negative nancy's at the McLure Hotel, because we all enjoy working at this hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Days Inn St Clairsville
Days Inn St Clairsville
#5 of 15 in Saint Clairsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia/wheeling

Been to The McLure Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!