New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Kruger Street Toy & Train Museum

The Kruger Street Toy & Train Museum
Ranked #6 of 48 things to do in Wheeling
More attraction details
Owner description: Housed in a restored Victorian school, The Kruger Street Toy & Train Museum boasts an impressive collection of tens of thousands toys and trains.
Parkersburg, West Virginia
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 315 helpful votes
“trip down memory lane!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

what fun!...this is a great museum!...it was so complete w/many toys from our childhood that we haven't seen in years!...staff were pleasant and friendly...what a wonderful use of an old school building!...it was absolutely spotless...we would recommend and plan on returning w/our 3yr. old and 6yr. old great~nephews soon!...

Visited July 2014

London, England
179 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 271 helpful votes
“Great Collection of All Things Lionel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

The unlikely setting for this museum is in an old schoolhouse, which is a joy in itself, and subsequently has many rooms to fill and boy are they filled. With just about everything that Lionel ever produced and I hadn't fully appreciated their range, being a foreigner. As well as the multiple display rooms, there is a hands-on slot racing layout to try and a free pinball machine, that I enjoyed. My visit was enhanced by the guy in the gift shop who gave me a tour of the basement, not usually included, and it is a fascinating building.

Visited June 2014
Pulaski
147 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“All kids will enjoy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is such a fun place to visit. It brings out the child in everyone. There are many hands-on things to see and do. There was so much crammed in there, it was almost hard to see it all.

Visited June 2014
Wheeling, West Virginia
“Nice place to visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

This was a cute museum. Lots of hands on activities that even my teenagers and husband enjoyed. Liked looking at all the old toys from my childhood, but was a little disappointed that they had current toys in some of the displays. I think it took away from the older toys. We really enjoyed searching for Waldo and his friends in the different rooms and had to go back into rooms to find most of them. Definitely would recommend this place to friends visiting the area!

Visited March 2014
“Interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited and had a blast in the museum. The trains were cool, but the going back in time to see the toys that I played with as a child behind glass was fun. Didn't realize I was that old! We also loved the race cars and the roller coasters.

Visited December 2013