“Fun Time”

The Kruger Street Toy & Train Museum
Ranked #6 of 50 things to do in Wheeling
More attraction details
Owner description: Housed in a restored Victorian school, The Kruger Street Toy & Train Museum boasts an impressive collection of tens of thousands toys and trains.
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

It was great to see toys from all the different years of times past. There are plenty of hands on things to do as well as a museum cat.

There are newer reviews for The Kruger Street Toy & Train Museum

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I haven't gone in a while but when we visit Wheeling every other year, my son takes my grandsons and it's the highlight of their visit. They love trains and it meets all their requirements. They are in Kindergarten and Second Grade.

2  Thank PattiQG
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This museum is in an early 1900's stone school. Such a great use of large rooms and reliving old coat rooms. The second story is dedicated to different scale train layouts and action figures. One whole room was an amusement ride display made of working kinect pieces with working motors. Another room was a display of a circus with all the rides and side shows. Many places for little ones to have hands-on. There was a room of slot car tracks with hand controls that anyone could race cars -fun.
The main floor had a doll/dollhouse collection. This was mainly of Barbie doll era. I felt this could have been so much better with some older dolls added.Still it was interesting to view the different era dollhouses. Another room had different board games.
This would definately hold the interest of young children while the parents/grandparents remembered when.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My two daughters & I took a "tour" of the Wheeling area and this was one of our stops. They were amazed at the amount of dolls on display & really excited to be able to play with some. Lots & lots of trains!!! My kids really got a kick out of looking for Waldo & Friends throughout the 9 rooms.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My 9 year old daughter and I were on a 3 day adventure in and around Wheeling and found this museum in the area. There are a total of 9 rooms in this museum and each room is themed. There are many interactive displays for children to do and my daughter loved playing with the Legos and stock cars. I enjoyed seeing the old memorabilia from my childhood and all of the stuff that we threw away (Big Wheels, games from the 1970's, etc.) on display. This is a good value for what you get to see.

2  Thank Mrspinney