“One size dont fit all”
Review of Super 8 Wheeling

Super 8 Wheeling
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
West Valley City
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Do not sit in the recliner it is so comfortable you will fall asleep to soon. The need was about the same for me, I knew better then to turn on the flat panel TV fall asleep real fast. Over all very good night asleep. But that is what I intended when I stopped there

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Nottingham
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Have stayed here multiple times in the past 12 months. This was the best experience so far. We stayed less than 24 hours. The location is great, parking not the best for large vehicles. I think rooms are priced a little high.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Bellaire, Ohio
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

My friend was visiting from out of town, and I stayed with her. The room she reserved had a broken refrigerator which she needed for her daughter. The second room they put her in, somebody's luggage was sitting on the bed and was not even a vacant room. The third room was non-smoking even though she had reserved smoking, but that was the only room they had available. She had accidentally left her wallet in the room when we went to McDonalds. Her wallet contained the hotel key, so we went to the front office to get another hotel key. The lady said, "I deactivated the other key, just in case it was stolen." When we got back to the room, someone had been in the room even though the "Do Not Disturb" sign was on the door, and yes, her wallet was gone. Funny how the lady deactivated the original key "just in case it was stolen", huh? Housekeeping had replaced the roll of toilet paper and took the dirty towels (and her wallet), but did nothing else. The bed wasn't made, we weren't given any new towels, trash not changed. And to top it off.. we found a dirty men's sock with holes lying on top of the bed. Absolutely disgusting! When reporting this to front office, the lady had asked another housekeeper, "Do you think she would have stolen anything while cleaning the room" to which the housekeeper replied, "Ummmm.." and that was all. My friend finally called the toll free customer care to lodge a complaint. When we got back to the room that evening, there was a letter under the door from the hotel owner whom customer care must have contacted. The letter was extremely rude and unprofessional starting with the words "First of all,..." The letter stated that she was lying about there not being a "Do Not Disturb" sign and that it was her fault if the wallet got stolen because there was a safe in the room. We went down to the front office to ask for a pen to write a letter back to the owner and asked for some clean towels. The front office lady, Linda, was extremely rude, began yelling and told my friend she was "unbelieveable" and "different" because this a clean hotel they take pride in, and no other guests ever complain. (Obviously not true as I have read many other horrifying reviews on this site.) To top it off, she snatched the letter out of my friend's hand! Completely irate at this point, my friend had enough, and finally called the police to file a report to document this incident. I have never in my life witnessed such behavior. Aside from the completely inappropriate behavior and unprofessionalism from the staff and hotel owner, the room was disgusting. The carpets were filthy, there was a shoe insert lying by the desk. The counters were dirty. Housekeeping had smoked in the room. The window had been opened while we were gone and the heat turned on full blast. The wifi did not work at all. This hotel allows pets, and we were bit by fleas. This hotel should NOT be $100 per night. Please save yourself the most traumatic hotel stay of your life and stay elsewhere even if it means paying a little more and driving a little further.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Rikki K
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Although the room was comfortably furnished, the constant whine of tires from the Interstate 70 yards away, plus the sirens, loud motorcycles etc from the city street was obnoxious! Cheap windows are to blame, I suppose.
I would NOT stay here again, nor would I recommend it to anyone I liked.
I stayed the week before at the Econo-Lodge 5 miles further on past this place, and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: My tip? Get a room elsewhere!