“What a Surprise!”

Ranked #3 of 112 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Menu selections such as Nobody puts Baby in a Corner. Crepes of Wrath, and Wilbur goes to Venice are typical and will fuel your curiosity as well as tickle your appetite. Specializing in both savory & sweet crepes, Later offers specialty sandwiches, homemade soups and salads at affordable prices. A welcome surprise at this upscale cafe/bistro. WV Div. of Tourism award 2009 for unique eateries. Beer & Wine.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My colleague and I stopped her on our drive home and couldn't have been more pleased with our experience. They offer an interesting variety of wine and ales. The ambiance was warm and inviting and service was just right. Oh... and the crepes were unforgettable. Go here!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

What a wonderful place , I'm from Akron and stopped at later alligator for lunch ... The decor was unique , and the food was fresh and awesome ! I'll deffenitly be back whenever I go back to the wheeling area !

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I stopped in Saturday on our way through WV (larger quest - all 50 states, we have 4 more to go!) and were so happy to find this great little place in Wheeling. Everything we tried was wonderful, especially the shrimp corn chowder - perfect on a chilly day. Would recommend this to anyone near Pittburgh, well worth the drive over.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you are looking for a small place to eat with good food this is it. All food is fresh and healthy with a fantastic taste. Nothing processed here. They have a nice wine and beer selection also. There is out door seating in the warmer months and I would suggest sitting outside if it is open. Nice old building that has been redone.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was starved by the time we finished up our tour of the West Virginia Penitentiary and Grave Creek burial mound and was so happy to find this place! Very cool decor and interesting menu. I ordered the half portion of the walnut salad and the Mae West sandwich (Mozzarella, tomato & pesto on garlic bread)...so good!

The restrooms were very clean, the prices were reasonable and the waitress was friendly! I couldn't stop looking around at all the details in the decor. Very creative displays of local antiques and we were seated near the fireplace so it was very cozy. If I lived closer, I would eat here very often. Good experience overall!

Metered parking out front so bring extra coins! I saw 2 cars get tickets while we were walking around all the nearby shops so keep an eye on your meter!

Been to Later Alligator? Share your experiences!