After reading some of the reviews on this website, I was a bit nervous about staying there. My sister and I traveled here the end of June to attend the wedding of my brother who was getting married in the Caddy Camp Cabin. Though this is an older resort, the ambience and nostalgic feel to it was quite charming. As we were driving into the resort, we were stunned to see many deer laying in the ruts on the side of the road. They are everywhere, so take your time driving around. The grounds are impeccable. The pool was large and clean. Our room in the older section of the Wilson Lodge, though dated, served us well for our weekend stay. The staff was pleasant and we had no complaints. We opted for the bed and breakfast package and the breakfast buffet was delicious with enough selections to please everyone. We dined one night at the Glassworks Lounge and found the food to be good.
We visited the Good Zoo and were amazed at the variety of animals - some of which are endangered species. Instead of taking the train to get around, we opted to travel on foot which took us about 1-1/2 hours but allowed us to take our time at each exhibit. Well worth the $10 admission.
The Caddy Camp where the wedding and reception were was well-maintained and air-conditioned, which was a must for the end of June. It was comfortable and the surroundings were very pleasant, even though it was in the middle of the golf course.
All-in-all I would visit this resort again. There is something for everyone here and it is a year-round resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oglebay is a unique 1,700-acre, year-round resort with exceptional beauty and abundant recreational activities. The 270-room Wilson Lodge at Oglebay features The West Spa, two dining rooms, an indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, fitness center, business center and wireless Internet. The resort also has 54 cottages, perfect for large families or several families that want to vacation together. Oglebay has something for every member of the family including 4 golf courses, eight specialty shops, a zoo, gardens, two museums, fishing, pedal boats, aqua cycles, tennis, stables, and miles of walking trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wilson Lodge At Oglebay Resort And Conference Center
- Wilson Lodge At Oglebay Hotel Wheeling
- Wilson Hotel At Oglebay
- Oglebay Resort Wheeling
- Wilson Oglebay Lodge Wheeling
- Wilson Oglebay Resort
- Oglebay Wheeling
- Oglebay Hotel