We visited the Wilson lodge July 28 and stayed one night. We stayed in one of the premium rooms and I would say it was worth it. The room was spacious, the kids had a great time. We had the summer package which includes the activities. We went to the zoo, indoor pool, mini golf and the next morning went to environmental center.
The only Thing I did not love was the glassworks grill. The food was ok. I would go out to local places next time for dinner. The breakfast was fantastic at ihlfend (not spelled correctly) dining room.
Staff was friendly enough. They checked us in early which was great.
I would return there again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oglebay is a unique 1,700-acre, year-round resort with exceptional beauty and abundant recreational activities. The 270-room Wilson Lodge at Oglebay features The West Spa, two dining rooms, an indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, fitness center, business center and wireless Internet. The resort also has 54 cottages, perfect for large families or several families that want to vacation together. Oglebay has something for every member of the family including 4 golf courses, eight specialty shops, a zoo, gardens, two museums, fishing, pedal boats, aqua cycles, tennis, stables, and miles of walking trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wilson Lodge At Oglebay Resort And Conference Center
- Wilson Lodge At Oglebay Hotel Wheeling
- Wilson Hotel At Oglebay
- Wilson Oglebay Lodge Wheeling
- Oglebay Resort Wheeling
- Wilson Oglebay Resort
- Oglebay Wheeling
- Oglebay Hotel