“a very special treat!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
Culpeper, Virginia
“a very special treat!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have traveled all over the world and stayed in many 5 star hotels but have never had such personalized and genuinely pleasant service. The cleanliness of the hotel is extraordinary. We enjoyed the pool in all its splendor every day. It was a real surprise to find out that the shuttle service is personalized to our needs. They took us to a site, restaurant, or wherever and then came back and picked us up when we called. All as part of the package! The breakfasts are plentiful and vary every day. Lots of fresh fruit! And we were pleasantly surprised by the Manager's dinner on Monday evening - a delightful complimentary meal. Thanks to all the staff who go out of their way to make our stay so wonderful.

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Wow! Thanks for that wonderful review! It is great to hear from one of Tripadvisor's Senior Reviewers. I'm so very glad that you enjoyed your stay.
For you to compare us to a five star hotel was very high praise indeed. I will certainly share those comments with the team. We will continue to strive to provide a world class level of service.
Thanks also for your kind words about the cleanliness of the hotel. It is my firm belief that if we can get service and cleanliness right good things will continue to happen for us!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
wheeling west virginia, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This hotel is located within walking distance to several restaurants some chain others only found in Wheeling. The staff is very accommodating and helpful. There is a shuttle the driver was friendly and courteous an added plus was he drove safely.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thanks for that very nice review. I appreciate you taking the time from your busy day to share your experience with us. I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Thanks also for referring to our staff as friendly and helpful in your title. I will share your comments with them at our next team gathering. You also mentioned our location within walking distance to several restaurants. I feel that that is a very important, and often overlooked, feature. As they say: "location is everything!" It's really great to not have to worry about getting back in the car, after a day long drive, to have to find a place to eat.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This Hotel went to the extreme to make our stay a very pleasant experience.....The Owner was on hand to help us two special dinners that was planned ahead of time......as they do not serve dinners....Breakfast staff gave us excellent service although it is self serve........everything is kept very clean and the ambiance is delightful.......and if I would known ahead of time I would have enjoyed their aquatic center of indoor swimming pool and separate jacuzzi's one for the men and one for the women and a great fitness room..... and one of staff give us a tour through the city in their van.....and would not accept a tip and it was free to begin with! If I were to be in this city again.....I would diffinitely stay in this Hotel.......

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Duchesselle
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thanks for that great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We were honored to host your reunion. Our country owes veterans like yourselves such a debt of gratitude, thanks for all you have done.
We had a lot of fun cooking those special dinners on our barbecue grill. I think they turned out really nicely. I just wish the weather had been a little warmer so that you could have eaten outside in our beautiful teak garden. Our owner, Mr. Hitchman, really likes providing a personal level of service. I'm pleased that your group enjoyed it.
Once again, thanks for the review and your service. I hope you will stay with us again soon. Happy travels!
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed April 27, 2014

My husband and I went for 3 nights during December to go to Oglebay etc. They offered a shuttle around town for free, the rooms were amazing and very clean, everything about our trip was completely worth it! The staff told us things about the area, treated us like they appreciated us being there and they served a spectacular breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thanks for that fantastic review! What a great title: "Loved It! Awesome Customer Service!" I wish I could put that on our billboards. I'm so glad that you enjoyed everything.
Thanks also for your kind words about our breakfast and shuttle service. As you mentioned both of those amenities are provided at no charge and are very important. But to me, the most important thing you mentioned is that you were treated like we appreciated you being here. That is really the essence of hospitality and I'm do pleased that you felt that way while you were here.
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night on a bus tour. Very nice. Clean, comfortable, updated. Beds very comfortable. Nice bathroom. Good breakfast. They were very busy with our two bus loads staying there, but they took care of all of us with no waiting. Restaurants nearby.

Stayed April 2014
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thanks for that wonderful review! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We don't get many reviews from our motorcoach guests. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!
I remember having your two buses stay with us. It was very busy, but everyone was so nice and very patient. I'm pleased that you were taken care of without much waiting. Our goal is to offer a truly extraordinary level of service, no matter if you arrived here by car, motorcoach or unicycle!
South Park
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The hotel is clean. It has several interesting albeit smaller than expected features. There is a teak garden and fire pit. A facsimile gazebo with a fireplace is also outside. And, of course, the aquatic area; all of which are very nice,,, but much smaller than expected. But that is the only complaint. The staff is extraordinary in their quality of service they provide.

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for that very nice review! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm very glad that, overall, your stay was a pleasant one.
Thanks also for those kind remarks about the service provided by our team. We are striving to deliver a world class level of service and I'm pleased that you feel we are making progress towards that goal. I'm sorry, however, that you found some of our amenities to be smaller that you had imagined they would be. Now that the weather has improved and we have opened up our splash deck area, there is a bit more room to spread out in our Aquatic Center. I hope you will come back and give it another try.
Once again, thanks for the review. Please visit us again soon. Happy travels!
Stormville, New York
Reviewed April 15, 2014

What a great hotel! From the warm welcome to the aquatic center to the little gestures here and there that made our overnight stay thoroughly enjoyable. We stayed on a Monday night when the manager offers a complimentary dinner, so we cancelled our dinner plans and sat down to grilled hot dogs, beans and red potatoes along with dessert and punch. The staff could not have been more hospitable. Our 7 year old loved the pool with its various sprays and bubbles, whilst we relaxed in the hot tub and steam rooms. He wants to know when we will be going back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Wow! Thanks for that fantastic review. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us, and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay.
It was a real stroke of luck for you to be here on a Monday night. I'm so pleased that you got to enjoy our weekly Manager's Reception. We host a full dinner every Monday and feature different menu items every week. Hopefully you can return when the weather is nicer and eat in our Teak Garden area outside.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope that your 7 year old can convince you to return soon! Happy travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wheeling Triadelphia at the Highlands
The McLure Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!