“Voted #1 in the WORLD!!”

Hampton Inn Wheeling
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
DuBois, Pennsylvania
“Voted #1 in the WORLD!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Traveling for work as much as I do, I have come across amazing hotels and some that should be put out of business.
yesterday after 3 hours of horrific driving conditions, I walked into the Hampton in Wheeling and was greeted by the Queen of Customer Service. Nancy instantly recognized the signs of a weary road warrior and proceeded to check me in with record breaking efficiency. She immediately assumed that I would be too tired to go off property for dinner so she suggested I call one of the locally recommended restaurants to have my dinner delivered to my door.
She also set up the shuttle for me so that I did not have to drive into territory I did not know.
The breakfast was fabulous..not your typical dried up fake eggs and old English muffins, but an honest to goodness wonderful breakfast.
The van driver was so kind.
As if this wasn't enough, imagine my shock and surprise when Nancy told me there would be a Customer Appreciation Dinner cooked and hosted by the owner of the hotel!
Grilled Pork Chops, Grilled Asparagus with baby red skin potatoes, a most beautiful salad with goat cheese, cranberries, red peppers and delicious homemade dressing and a gorgeous bowl of fresh fruit. NO...not fruit from a can. Pineapple, grapes, melons, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries. Oh, and let us not forget the cherry and blueberry pies.
Who does that??
The Hampton Inn /Wheeling, W. Va. No wonder they are voted Hilton's #1 Hampton Inn in the WORLD!
Way to go, you truly made my 2 days absolutely spectacular.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Oh...this is also one of the cleanest, immaculate Hampton Inns I have ever had the pleasure to stay in.
You would be crazy not to stay here.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor 3 doors down from the elevator and never heard a peep of any kind. It was ver...
2 Thank pam15801
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Wow! What an amazing review! Thanks for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback. It is great to hear from such an experienced traveller like yourself. I really liked the title of your review: "Voted #1 in the World!" We actually found out about our number 1 ranking the morning of your stay with us. There was quite a bit of jumping for joy here in our offices!
You will also be glad to know, that because of your review, Nancy has been dubbed the "Queen of Customer Service" around here. She really is quite good, but we love teasing her a little!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will stay with us again soon, and often! Happy travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Excellent hotel!!!!! Clean, friendly staff. Excellent location and excellent amenities!!!! Fresh smelling rooms. Couldn't ask for more from a hotel, oh and they have great cable! Plentiful hot water,you. An never run out

• Stayed February 2014
Thanks for that great review!!!!!! I love all the exclamation points!!!!! I'm so glad that you enthusiastically enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks also for mentioning the cleanliness of the hotel and the service provided by our staff. If we get those two things right, we are on the right track!
I believe you are the first reviewer to comment about our hot water supply. Thanks for that! We have two boilers and usually hot water is plentiful.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon, and often. Happy travels!
Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The Hampton Inn Wheeling is absolutely wonderful. The first time I visited this hotel, I was astounded by the look, feel, and customer service provided. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. You will not be disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for that "absolutely amazing" review! I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! You are absolutely right when you mention "look, feel and customer service" Not everyone mentions it, but hospitality, if done right, does have a "feel" to it. I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations in that regard.
Pace, FL, United States
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The hotel in all is kept very clean and maintained. Even the nooks and crannies are clean. There are numerous guests that work outdoors present but the lobby and common areas are always kept neat and tidy. The staff couldn't be nicer with exceeding your expectations the norm. I doubt you'll find better!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for that fantastic review! I'm glad that our nooks and crannies exceeded your expectations! haha! Seriously though, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Thanks for mentioning the cleanliness of the property. As the late Mrs. Wagner (the previous owner and mother of the current owner) used to say: "If you don't have a clean hotel, you might as well just lock the doors, because nothing else matters!" I believe that her philosophy lives on here at the Hampton Wheeling. We have a really terriffic housekeeping department who really believe in doing things the right way.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon, and often! Happy travels!
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Gorgeous facility.
Stellar amenities: When I checked in,Nancy at the front desk said their aquatic park was "world class", and in my head I added "... for Wheeling", much as I might have for my small town. But she was right. While I could describe it further, you have to experience it as a whole.
But how they really do it is their people.
In my career in human services I've trained front-line providers through management and boards, and other trainers and consultants from the local through national levels. Every staffer I met here clearly "gets" what world-class service means.
As a result,Hampton Inn Wheeling is the complete package, and in a class of its own.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for that wonderful review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I also really enjoyed your professional feedback as a trainer of hospitality staff. Thank you for sharing that with us!
I'm with you. I would have been skeptical that a little town like Wheeling could have such a fantastic Aquatic Center facility. It really is unique and has to be seen to be believed. Thanks for trusting in nancy and making that leap of faith! Also, since you mentioned Nancy by name, she will be recognized at our next team meeting.
North Benton, United States
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for over a year for business. The staff is amazing and friendly. Their aquatic center includes indoor and outdoor hot tubs, pool with water fall, and steam rooms. They have a manager reception with free food and drinks every Monday night. Bob the owner is very hands on with all aspects of running the hotel. They provide a free shuttle service that takes you anywhere in town. You could not ask for a better experience being away from home. Best hotel around without a doubt!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your rather lengthy stay with us. I just want you to know that it was our distinct pleasure to have you as our guest for all that time. You and the rest of your group are a great bunch of people and it was fantastic getting to know you. Please know that you are always welcome at the Hampton Inn Wheeling! I hope we will always be your home away from home when in the Wheeling area!
Once again, thanks for the review. Hope we will see you again soon!
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed in Wheeling for 2 nights. Our check-in was fast and the night clerk is just the friendliest guy! The shuttle driver was also very polite. Breakfast was yummy and the workout room top shelf! Recommend this location highly and we would stay there again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Melinda M
Love the title - "Wow" Thanks so much for those kind remarks and for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay!
The nicest thing to hear in any review is compliments on the service. It is "music to my ears" as you might expect! Whether it be front desk or shuttle driver, all guest points of contact are equally important. We want every interaction with our staff to be a positive and friendly one! I'm pleased that this was your experience.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wheeling Triadelphia at the Highlands
The McLure Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!