“Very neat and clean ”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Very neat and clean ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Very neat and clean hotel and that an important thing especially we are here with our 3 month old boy,family cozy hotel with very friendly and helpful staff,the complementary breakfast is very satisfying ,I highly recommend in Wheeling . .

Stayed December 2013
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for that great review! I'm glad you were pleased with everything, especially the cleanliness of our hotel! We have a great housekeeping staff and I will share your feedback with them at our next team meeting.
I know how important cleanliness and reliability are when traveling with a small child. Thank you for choosing our hotel as a place you can trust to care for your family for a night.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon. Maybe, in a few months your little one will be ready to try out the Aquatic Center! Happy travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

we decide to get the Hampton Inn a try. I would have to say that they are very friendly and the place is very clean. my two kids loved the Aquatic Center. they even give a free breakfast in the morning. the breakfast was pretty good with a nice variety . I would definitely stay here again if I came back.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thanks for that very nice review! I'm so glad that you decided to give us a try. I know how challenging it can be, when traveling with family, to find a place to stay. I'm so glad that you enjoyed everything.
Thanks also for those kind words about our Aquatic Center. I'm so pleased that your children had a good time splashing around in there. I hope that you were able to enjoy the steam showers or the hot tub as well.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon. Come back in Summer when our outdoor splash deck is open! The kids are sure to enjoy that. Happy travels!
columbus, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

this Hampton Inn is the best we have stayed at. rooms were clean, quiet and attractive. the staff was fantastic, friendly, polite and eager to please our every want or need. the new aquatic center is awesome, never experienced anything like it. the steam shower sauna was wonderful. great place to stay and we will visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Thomas S
Thanks for that great review! That is a heck of a title: "Best Hampton Inn" High praise indeed! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It was especially nice to read your comments about the service of the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. I have always thought that if we can be friendly and clean we are well on our way to being an outstanding hotel. I'm pleased that you feel we are on the right track!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

A great find. This hotel was a spur of the moment choice and proved to be an excellent election. From the moment we arrived till we left the staff were helpful and courteous. Everything about this hotel works extremely well and above all the staff are happy in & proud of their work.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank dugdalep
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thanks for that very nice review. I'm so glad that you stumbled upon us, and that we exceeded your expectations. I'm sure that being on such a lengthy tip from England that you had plenty of hospitality experiences to compare us to. For you to refer to our hotel as "A Gem" really means a lot.
Thanks also for mentioning the happiness and pride of our staff. I really feel like that is the key to everything. Hospitality is all about transmitting a feeling of warmth and welcome. Happy staff members who love their jobs make that possible. Thanks for noticing!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope that you enjoyed your visit here in the States and that you will return soon! Happy travels!
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

What can I say that nearly 300 other reviewers haven't? This place is a gem. The staff is outstanding, the hotel is sparkling clean, the property is immaculate, and the fitness center and aquatics center are top-notch. The place was full, even on a Monday night, but they took the time to make each guest feel welcome. The little shop by the desk was great for a quick drink or snack, and the Monday dinner and the full hot breakfast were both outstanding. One thing that really stood out is when I briefly ran into a young housekeeper in the hall upon leaving, she mentioned that this is the first job she's had that she actually enjoys. This hotel has a superb staff and it's well worth staying here - I know I'll be back.

Room Tip: Single queen rooms are adjacent to the elevators, but I didn't have any problem
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Wow! What a great review! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. It is always great to hear from experienced travelers like yourself. For you to say we are "One of the best anywhere" really means something. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thanks also for mentioning so many features our hotel offers (Aquatic Center, breakfast, Monday night Manager's Reception, Suite Shop, Fitness Center etc.) but what really pleased me was reading about your encounter with one of our housekeepers. That kind of energy and spirit are the very essence of hospitality in my mind. Just like the saying goes: "Do an job that you love and you never work a day in your life" I really believe that. Thanks for sharing that with me.
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I use this hotel for business trips and stay here a lot. This is one of the friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in. Bob and his staff are awesome. They treat all there guest to dinner every Monday. The pool and steam showers are great after a long day on the road or at work.

Room Tip: All the room are good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thanks for that great review! It is great to hear from one of our regular business guests. It is the "road warrior" business travelers like yourself that are the core of our business. It is an honor for us to take care of you. I'm glad you enjoy your stays with us!
Thanks also for your comments about our Manager's Reception and Aquatic Center. Bob really puts a lot of effort into preparing a great menu every Monday, and what could be better after a hard day of work than a feast followed by a relaxing steam shower? I'm pleased that you enjoy those features of our hotel.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon! (It sounds like you will) Happy travels!
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I LOVE the Hampton Inn in Wheeling. Perfect for 1 night or a week. VERY clean, pool, hot tub, gym, Beautiful outside patio.

Staff so welcoming. They are like a family.

This is the kinds place where you feel at home, want to hang out in the lobby and shmooze.
Monday night dinners are the highlight for my week!

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms. They sell out very fast,good sign! Excellent rating is not high enough...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
I LOVE your review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us! I'm so glad you enjoyed everything. Your enthusiasm is infectious and I will share your review with our team at our next gathering.
I especially enjoyed your comment "Staff so welcoming. They are like family." It really makes my day to read something like that, because that has been our goal from day one. I'm glad you feel we have achieved that level of service excellence.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon (it sounds like you will!) Happy travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
The McLure Hotel & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia/wheeling

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!