“You should really stay here.”

Hampton Inn Wheeling
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is one of the best hotels in the state. The property itself is amazing - not what you would think of when you think Hampton.There is a nice lobby with plenty of space to work. There is an outside area with a beautiful outdoor kitchen. And on Mondays, Bob and staff grill a full dinner for hotel guests. They really do! There is an aquatic center. Not a pool and spa like you would think. Two steam rooms, indoor and outdoor jacuzzis, fountains coming out of the floor and the ceiling, a kids water park outside, noodles to play with, you name it. There are even robes in the room for you to use.You are close to downtown and any one of the nice men will take you where you want to go and pick you up. Close to several restaurants, some that deliver. They even put out several ice scrapers for guests to use. Who does that? Even the smoking area is georgous. Its nuts!

Other reviewers have gushed about the staff, but there is not enough gushing in the world to appropriately address the professionalism and dedication of this hotel staff. They work as a team and understand what it is that travelers want. They consistently outdo themselves.

Book early. The secret is out!

Room Tip: I am good with anything not near the elevator in this hotel.
1  Thank Numnut2004
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thanks for that gushing review! You mention so many great details that make us stand out as a hotel (cookout, noodles, shuttle, ice scrapers!) I'm so glad you were pleased with everything!
All of those sundry features are really great, and deserve mentioning, but as you state in your review, it really is the service provided by the staff that breathes life into the inanimate objects that are the hotel amenities. Like I have said many times before: "It is the staff, not the stuff!" I'm so pleased that you feel the same way. Thanks for gushing about our team!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon! Happy travels!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,307)

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed here on the way to an event in Pittsburgh and this appears to be a well run, clean do it right hotel. Whoever is running or owning this hotel cares about doing it right. Even the breakfast though simple was fresh, hot and kept clean, neat and organized. As a traveler on the road hundreds of nights annually you can not go wrong staying here.

1  Thank DoctorVonCueBall
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Thanks for that great review! It is so nice to hear from an experienced traveler like yourself who has so many interesting travel experiences to compare us to. I'm so pleased that we stood out to you!
Thanks also for those nice remarks about our breakfast bar. We have recently added some new items like fresh cut fruit and mini pastries. Our breakfast hostess is really striving for excellence with our breakfast. I will share your review with he to let her know she is on the right track!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We had a wonderful stay. We came to visit Oglebay's Festival of Lights and are so happy we chose this hotel and the king suite. Once we checked in, the front desk attendant not only greeted us very politely, but he walked us to our room and pointed out all the features, including to be careful not to put our foot on the steamer in the shower so we didn't get burnt. The room was so comfortable for our family, the kitchenette, the sectional, the great TVs, the nice bed and we really enjoyed the steam shower with all the extra spray jets. I wish all hotels were as nice as this one. The staff was exceptional and every one we met was very nice. The front desk was very polite as well as everyone else. Even the staff we passed in the hall was always friendly. The woman in charge of the breakfast was very nice and when I asked her if there was brown sugar for the oatmeal she pointed out the brown sugar on the counter and went into the kitchen and brought out 3 different varieties incase I'd prefer something different. This is how I treat people and rarely find others who are this way. This small gesture was greatly appreciated. Overall, this was one of the nicest stays we've had at a hotel and would like to say thank you! I wish all Hampton Inns were this nice. The staff should be rewarded for their great customer service. We felt comfortable the entire stay and have been telling everyone how amazing this hotel was!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Wow! What an amazing review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasant and detailed review. I will be incredibly proud to read it to our staff at our next team meeting.
It is hard to know where to begin responding to what you wrote. You included so many nice details. I guess what it all comes down to is the most important thing, and that is a "culture of service". I'm pleased to say that I believe that we have that here. Our staff believes in treating guests the way they want to be treated. Thanks for noticing!
Once again, thanks for the review, and for reccomending us to your friends! I hope you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We rolled into the Wheeling Hampton Inn about 7:00PM fully expecting a typical, pleasant Hampton Inn. This hotel was quite a few steps above any hotel I have stayed at before. I was extremely impressed with the staff, facilities, cleanliness of rooms and ease of walking to dining facilities. This hotel is impressive. I normally stay at Embassy Suites. This hotel puts Embassy Suites to shame. You owe it to yourself to stay here. You won't regret it. It was great to see a facility that is actually 'managed'.

Bill E.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

What a great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. "Best hotel I have experienced" is really high praise!
I was especially pleased to read that you favorably compared us to Embassy Suites. I am a big fan of Embassy Suites myself, so that means quite a lot. We will continue to strive to achieve that level of excellence.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

One of the friendliest hotel staff I have ever encountered. Rooms were really clean. Outstanding sleep comfort.great facility.. Easy on off highway. Really surprising little gem. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Wow! What a nice review! I love the title! We have a really great staff who take a great deal of pride in their work. Thanks for noticing! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Service is really the most important element of a great hospitality experience. We are striving to provide a world class service experience here. I'm pleased that you feel we are achieving that goal. I will share your review with our team at the next meeting.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My family and I stopped at this particular Hampton Inn because of their aqua center. Unlike most Hampton Inns, this particular one featured steam shower saunas, a pool with multiple features such as a rain shower and water jets, and a special rain shower. There were plenty of towels, the pool was clean, as was the room. The hotel appeared to be full of visitors which made it difficult to find seating in the morning for breakfast. But this is not a negative, just an indication the hotel was experiencing a busy weekend. Staff was friendly and we had zero problems.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor right next to the aqua center (I requested this location) so I and my...
1  Thank Kent S

Thank you for that wonderful review! It is great to hear from experienced travellers like yourselves, who have so many traveling experiences to compare us to. I'm so glad you enjoyed everything.
It was especially nice to read your comments about our Aquatic Center. It is really a unique amenity and I'm pleased that you were able to enjoy it. You will have to come back in Summer so that you can use our outdoor spalsh deck and tipping bucket tree. I was sorry to hear that you felt crowded in our lobby during breakfast hours. We should have opened a meeting room for extra space. Please accept my apology for that oversight. You were right, that weekend was exceptionally busy.
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I rented a room for 2 nights to take my grandchildren swimming. The aquatic center is beautiful and fun. Last year we all went to a waterpark. This is closer. A great value and so close to home for me.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Thank D. Elizabeth M
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for that fantastic review! I'm so glad that you and your family got to spend some quality time together at our hotel! Thanks for making us part of your plans.
I was especially pleased to read your comments about our Aquatic Center. There is no need to drive hours out your way for family fun, when we have everything right here for a low cost staycation!
Thanks again for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon! Happy travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
SpringHill Suites Wheeling Triadelphia Area
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wheeling Triadelphia at the Highlands
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
The McLure Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!