“Extremely Clean and Well Maintained” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Wheeling

Hampton Inn Wheeling
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
Pace, FL, United States
“Extremely Clean and Well Maintained”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

The facility was extremely clean top to bottom. It showed that this was not an exception but the norm. Even when dirt was tracked tracked in, it didn't stay long. The marine aquarium in the lobby was also an awesome touch.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thanks for that wonderful review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I enjoyed your comments about the cleanliness of the hotel. Nothing is more important to the guest experience than to have spotless accomodations. Our houskeeping department does a fantastic job, thanks for noticing!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon! Happy travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Cleveland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

When my wife was looking for a place to stay she looked at the location and the Colleges that we were going to be going to over the weekend. Some people that we knew didn't stay here because they didn't want to spend that amount of money but we did stay because it was convenient and very nice. It was a bit expensive but we had a very nice stay and the location made it easy to get to the two locations that we were going to over the weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for that wonderful review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our goal is to offer world class accommodations and service. I'm glad you feel that we are making progress towards those goals.
Thanks also for mentioning in your review that we are very conveniently located in regard to area Colleges. We are near all three local schools and even offer complimentary shuttle service to Wheeling Jesuit University.
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit us again soon! Happy travels!
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have had a clean quiet room and good breakfast at other hotels, but how many places have a van to take you anywhere in a five mile radius and then, when you request to go to a cemetery to look for a family gravestone from the 1800's, drive slowly through helping you look, while giving you some of the history of the area. Larry was a life long resident of the area and could not have been more helpful and knowledgeable. Everyone in the hotel really tried to make us feel special. It felt like a we were staying at a big bed and breakfast. Even the sheets were high quality and making for a smooth cool bed to get into after a long day's drive. Highly recommend this inn for a happy stay in the area.

Room Tip: The second floor has a beautiful indoor pool, but the humidity and smell of chlorine is in hallway w...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for that fantastic review! It is great to hear from such an experienced traveler. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I especially liked the title of your review, I really feel that it is our "hospitable folks" like Larry, that make our hotel special. Thanks for mentioning Larry by name, he will be recognized at our next team meeting.
Speaking of Larry, he managed to procure a map of the cemetery you were visiting. If you would contact me at Jack.Poling2@hilton.com, I would be happy to email it to you.
Once again, thanks for that great review! I hope you will visit us again very soon. Happy travels!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed right after Christmas last year to view the lights at Oglebay and kind of as a retreat from the Pittsburgh area. The staff was friendly and fantastic. The 'aquatic' area was top notch. But what mostly stood out for me was that the last night we stayed, it began to snow and we had heard that we were in for about 6-8 inches of snow overnight. Sure enough we woke up to about 7 inches of fresh snow on the ground. I spoke with the front desk, they accomodated a very late check out of 1:00PM in the hope that the roads would be clear by that time. Around 12:30 I went out to my vehicle to begin brushing all of the snow off and there was a gentlemen snowblowing the parking lot that came over to assist me. What a welcomed surprise that was! When he was finished, I offered my gratitude and a small token of a cash tip. The man responded by telling me that he was the owner and although he couldn't accept my tip, he did appreciate us staying at the hotel! I was so taken back by his genorisity and the fact that as the owner, he was working hard to ensure the safety of his patrons. What a great place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Wow! What a delightful review, and such a nice story you have to tell about our owner Mr. Hitchman (everyone just calls him Bob!) I'm so glad that you had that experience, thank you for sharing it!
You know, this weekend is the grand opening of the Festival of Lights for this year. I hope you will come back and visit us again! There is no mention of snow in the forecast!
Thanks again for the review and happy travels!
Stevensville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

A wonderful place to stay with extremely awesome staff. The managers dinner was the best outdoor meal served, i.e. the food, the atmosphere, and the staff that served us. We look forward to going back, as we have family 5 min.s away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for that great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I was particularly pleased by your comments about our Monday night Manager's reception. It was a nice stroke of luck that brought you to town on a Monday. As you may, or may not, know we serve a full meal for our guests in the Teak garden every Monday night. Hopefully you will be here to try it again sometime!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit your family and stay with us again soon! Happy travels!
Old Forge, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I am only 25 years old.I have traveled a lot in the last 15 years... I am from PA but have travelled to places like Delaware, South Carolina, Florida California, Texas, Nebraska, and many more. This is by far the best place I have ever stayed at. The room is so clean. The prices are more than fair. But it is the employees that made the difference. They were the most hospitable PEOPLE I have ever met. For a person who travels like I do, especially now, it's refreshing to see a hotel employee actually care about your life. From the front desk workers to the cleaning ladies to the shuttle drivers, well 1 of them. A guy by the name of Taylor. He, like almost everyone else, actually talks to u on the way to where you are going. They actually care about your well-being and overall comfort. He, like the front desk workers and cleaning people made me feel at home... I would stay here anytime I could

Room Tip: Any room is a good room... Everything is clean and spacious. If you are in or near Wheeling WV, you...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for that wonderful review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! It's always great to hear from an experienced traveller like yourself!
It was especially nice for you to single out Taylor for special praise. He is really a nice young man. We call him our "Evening Ambassador of Hospitality" Because of your review, Taylor will be recognized at our next team meeting. Thanks for making that possible!
Wheeling, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I had a problem with a stain on my pillow case. During the checkout I mentioned it and the attendant immediately said that this is not acceptable. She told me that my room would be taken care of by Hampton Inn. I have NEVER experienced customer service like this in ANY hotel before. It was the only problem I had with the hotel. The bathroom, room, hallways, and lobby were all immaculately clean. The staff was outstanding and very customer oriented. Hands down one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. I will look for Hampton Inn's in the future!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wow! Thank you for that fantastic review! I'm so sorry that you had a problem when you stayed with us, but I am glad we resolved it to your satisfaction. We truly believe in the 100% Hampton guaruntee here. Guests like yourself, who are unsatisfied with any aspect of their stay, are not expected to pay.
Thanks also for mentioning the cleanliness of the hotel. We are very proud of our housekeeping staff, and they do a tremendous job. I will share your comments with the team at our next meeting!
Once again, I apologize for the trouble you had during your stay with us and thank you for your kind comments. Please visit us again soon! Happy travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
The McLure Hotel & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wheeling Triadelphia at the Highlands

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!