“Hampton Inn, Wheeling, WV”

Hampton Inn Wheeling
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
Toronto, Canada
“Hampton Inn, Wheeling, WV”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The rooms were very clean and the beds were incredibly comfortable. The decor was minimal but tasteful throughout the hotel. Check in and check out were very fast and the hotel staff was friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for that very kind review! I'm so glad you enjoyed the hotel! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us.
It was also very nice of you to mention several of our amenities in a positive way, especially the cleanliness of the hotel and comfort of the beds. The mattresses are by Serta and the bedding is available for purchase through Hilton. Please call me at 304-233-0440 if you are interested in checking that option out!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit us again soon! Happy travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I would like to personally thank Rick and the staff for making our stay such a good experience. The staff was eager to please. You could tell that they took pride in making sure that your experience was Great! We were in Wheeling for a funeral service and it made it so much easier to deal with,by having such a warm and friendly place to stay. We used the lobby area to hang out with family and share stories during breakfast and coffee. The breakfast was amazing. The rooms were clean and the beds were super comfy. Tough place to get a room and not cheap but well worth it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
First of all, let me say that I am sorry for your loss. It is always very trying when traveling for such a sad occasion. That being said, I am so glad that you took some solace from our hotel and staff. Thank you for writing such a kind review about your experience!
Thanks also for mentioning Rick by name. We shared your review with the staff just a few days ago and recognized Rick for his exceptional service. As luck would have it, Rick received a pin at that meeting that honored him for 29 years of service with our hotel! I'm so glad that you got to interact with him during your stay, he is a real pro!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will not wait for another sad occasion for a return visit. Hurry back and happy travels!
Grasonville, Maryland, USA
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The Hampton Inn chain is, in my view, an adequate hotel for an overnight.
However, in the case of the Hampton Inn, Wheeling, WV I was more than surprised and delighted with the overall upgrades and experience. The lobby, the breakfast, the outdoor lounge, the helpful, cheerful staff, everything exceeded any expectation I brought with me.
Absolutely a delight.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Well, a delightful surprise is the best kind of surprise! I'm so glad that we could exceed your expectations of what a Hampton Inn can be! Thanks for that very nice review!
It was kind of you to make reference to our breakfast and outdoor lounge areas, but what really pleases me is that you mentioned the service provided to you by our staff. I really feel that that is the very essence of hospitality. We are striving to create a world class service experience here. I'm glad that you feel we are achieving that goal!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit us again soon! Hopefully, we can surprise you again! Happy travels!
Wheeling, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Amazing pool center and awesome suite! But what makes this Hampton Inn stand apart is the quality of the staff! Terrific throughout from check-inn to shuttle to check-out. Clearly a priority for ownership and management.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Wow! What a great review! I really love the title-"The staff is what makes it!!" That is very kind of you to say. Thank you! You are correct when you say that service is a priority here. We really believe that it is the most important thing we provide.
Thanks also for mentioning the Aquatic Center and shuttle service. We are the only hotel in the area with anything like it. I'm really glad you were able to enjoy them!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon! Happy travels!
Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel is outstanding! Staff was great and manager reception was a great way to arrive! Aqcuatic center was extremely relaxing! Had a great stay and the shuttle is free to go to casino! Congrats to this hotel for doing a great job with customer service!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
I love your enthusiasm! "GOTTA STAY HERE" is an awesome title for a review! I'm really glad we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you so much for your very kind comments.
It was nice of you to mention the Monday night Manager's Reception and shuttle service, but mostly I am glad you enjoyed the service. We are doing our best to deliver a world class hospitality experience. I'm so pleased that you felt we achieved that goal!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon. Remember, we offer the evening Manager's Reception every Monday! Happy travels!
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I decided to go away for one night for our anniversary. So I found this hotel that shuttles to Wheeling Island and all I have to say it is the best hotel we have ever stayed in! It is super clean and beautiful inside and outside. Free shuttle and a hot breakfast. The staff was outstanding and extremely friendly! When they found out about it being our anniversary they even gave us a very nice card and gift basket. One more thing, the bed was very comfy also, normally hotel beds are like sleeping on the floor. I would of loved to stay longer! Great experience!

• Stayed September 2013
Thanks for that terrific review! I am honored that you chose our hotel for your special celebration! If we helped to make your day just a little more special, then I am absolutely thrilled.
It was very kind of you to mention the various features of the hotel you liked, like the beds and shuttle service, and it was high praise indeed for you to say that we are the best hotel you have ever stayed in. Thank you so much for that!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon, hopefully before your next anniversary! Happy travels!
Jamestown, New York
Reviewed September 13, 2013

this was an excellent hotel customer service was way beyond what you would think. rooms were clean and fresh.theres nothing negative to say about this hotel. the pool was excellent never saw anything like it. it had saunas also water flows over you when you sit down. they called it an aquatic center never heard of that before in a hotel.if your in wheeling wv you have to stay here they have a shuttle service that will take you anywhere upto 5 miles that was nice didnt have to drive in a city you werent familar with this is absolutely a 5 star hotel on every level

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thanks for that great review! I'm glad that you enjoyed everything! It was very kind of you to take a few minutes to share your thoughts with us. Your comments will be shared with the staff at our next team gathering.
It seems like you really got a kick out of our Aquatic Center, even though, or perhaps because, you had never heard of one in a hotel before! haha! Don't worry, you are not alone. It is a really unique facility that most guests have never heard of before either, but they love it just the same.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wheeling Triadelphia at the Highlands
The McLure Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!