“The Epitome of Customer Service”

Hampton Inn Wheeling
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
Reviewed August 14, 2013

From our warm and genuine greeting by the front desk, to the manager (Jennifer) remembering us from our February stay, the Hampton Inn Wheeling continues to exceed our expectations. The service provided by the complimentary guest shuttle driviers (Leo, for one) is excellent. We stayed for the Heritage Music BluesFest (a busy time for area hotels), and when we called for a pick up on Saturday night, Leo set a record for speed of service! He always greets his shuttle guests, and makes them feel as welcome in the van as we do in the hotel. The hotel is clean, inviting, and my husband and I cannot praise the staff highly enough. We will be back again and again and again!!!

Room Tip: Stayed there twice, both rooms wonderful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Candy B
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for that review! "The Epitome of Customer Service" has a nice ring to it! That is high praise and we are honored and humbled by it. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and even more glad that you plan on visiting us again and again!
It was really nice of you to mention Jennifer and Leo by name, they will receive special recognition at our next team meeting. Thanks also for mentioning the shuttle, as you probably know, we are the only Wheeling hotel with shuttle service. It is just one more great opportunity to connect with our guests!
Once again, thanks for the review! I will see you soon for one of your many promised return visits! Happy travels!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel may not look like much from the street, but open the doors and it's just amazing! Fresh, clean and friendly staff with amenities that are equal or better than 'high end" hotels! I love coming back every few months for business in this area JUST so I can have a bit of paradise in the middle of work. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cari S

With great guests like you writing such nice reviews, we won't be a "secret paradise" for long! Seriously though, thanks for the wonderful review! I'm so glad you enjoyed everything!
It was also nice of you to mention the friendly service. We are really striving to offer a world class hospitality experience here and your comments make me feel that we are on the right track.
Once again, thanks for the review. I guess I will see you within the next month or two, when you come in for your dose of paradise! I will look forward to it! Happy travels!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Of my many Hampton Inn stays - this was the best ever. Yea, it's in Wheeling, WV, downtown and well - it's Wheeling. When you arrive, there is ample parking, some of it even covered. We were on motorcycles and they directed us there. Close, safe and nice. Tuesday nights are a manager's welcome. Free grilled tilapa and grilled asparagus was delicious. It included Caesar salad, fruit, cheese & crackers, beer, wine and soft drinks. All served outside in a beautiful garden area. If free wasn't enough, it was one of the best meals I had on a 2 week cross country trip. And the pool / spa area - you have to see it. Cascading water in the indoor pool, a huge hot "pool", two eucalyptus steam rooms and a giant walk in shower. There is also an outside pool. It was spotless clean and we observed water testing while we were there. The manager and his wife were present all evening and the next morning, welcoming guests and making sure all needs were met. The Hampton Inn Wheeling is at a whole different level.

Oh yea - the rest of the hotel. Beds, rooms, hallways, dining area, noise levels, service - all excellent. I don't know why you would go to Wheeling, but if you do - stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ncroadtoad

Wow! What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for those kind words! I'm so glad you enjoyed everything! It is always great to hear from experienced Hampton travellers like yourselves. It means so much that you compare us so favorably to other hotels in our brand.
I appreciate you mentioning the Manager's Reception. It was a nice stroke of luck that you stayed with us on a Monday. I will let our owner, and resident grillmaster, Bob know that you felt it was the best meal you had on the trip! He is very proud of his tilapia recipe!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit us again soon! Happy travels!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way to the east coast. We booked last minute, so got one of the last available rooms...the night manager told me that they sell out six days a week! Unfortunately, we got a room on a smoking floor so the room had that odor of stale cig smoke...beggars can't be choosers I guess. The fitness room and pool/aquatic center is on the second floor and thus the hallway smelled of chlorine...advance notice for y'all.

The staff was very nice, breakfast was tasty, and can't complain of anything else.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark L
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for that very nice review! I'm glad that, overall, you were satisfied with your experience at our hotel, but I am sorry that you did not get the room type that you usually like. I hope that next time you are passing through you are able to reserve a room in advance. I'm sure that by doing so, your experience with us will be a much more pleasant one.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope we will be able to serve you again very soon! Happy travels!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We highly recommend the Hampton Inn in Wheeling, WV for the location, accommodations and great staff. The hotel is conveniently located, has affordable prices, complimentary breakfast every morning including omelets, waffles, fresh fruit, etc. The staff is extremely accommodating, friendly and considerate. We would not stay anywhere else when we travel to Wheeling on our yearly summer vacation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wow! Thanks for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us!
You know, the thing that I enjoyed most about your review was how much you stressed the importance of service. That is our primary focus here at the Hampton Inn Wheeling. We are really striving to deliver a world class level of service. Thanks for the feedback and letting us know that we are on the right track!
Once again, thanks for the review! I'm so glad that we will continue to be a part of your family vacations for years to come! Happy travels!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed there a few days in early August 2013. Warm, welcoming staff. Clean, tasteful, comfortable accommodations. Free van service to nearby restaurants, shopping. Lovely pool/spa center with both indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi. Convenient, easy to find location. Ask about the Monday BBQs!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks so much for that awesome review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the hotel, and I appreciate you mentioning our complimentary shuttle service and Monday night Manager's Receptions. As you may, or may not, know we are the only Wheeling hotel that offers those amenities. I'm glad your visit happened to fall on a Monday!
Once again thanks for the review! I hope you will stay with us again soon! Happy travels!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

very clean and efficient hotel with nice amenities. the grounds were well kept, the facility in good repair. Good service. Friendly and efficient staff. Good breakfast with plenty of good healthy choices. rooms were nice with comfortable beds. the bathrooms were clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for that wonderful review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! Your feedback is very important to us and is very much appreciated.
I was especially pleased that you mentioned the cleanliness of the hotel. We have a super housekeeping team and they are very proud of their work. I will share your review with them at our next team meeting.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again soon! Happy travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wheeling Triadelphia at the Highlands
The McLure Hotel & Suites
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!