“GREAT HOTEL”

Hampton Inn Wheeling
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
Reviewed August 2, 2013

It was a wonderful experience. Every staff member greats you with a smile. They go above and beyond to help you in anyway they can. It was one of the nicest hotels we've stayed at. : ) Would definitely go back!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thank you for those wonderful comments! I'm so glad that you enjoyed everything! I was especially pleased that you mentioned the friendliness of our staff. Greeting guests with a smile is something that we believe strongly in. Thanks for noticing!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit us again soon! Happy travels!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,296)

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The staff was very helpful and friendly in this hotel. Definitely make time for the aquatic center. I would recommend this hotel to others and would plan on staying here again if I were to visit in the future!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for that nice review and your "short but sweet" comments! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!
I especially want to thank you for mentioning the friendliness of the staff. They are a proud and friendly group and they will enjoy hearing your feedback!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you do make it back our way for another stay! Happy travels!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very pleased from the time I walked into the lobby. The experience of sleeping in a room that was so clean was worth the price. Enjoyed the pool, fire pit and breakfast buffet. Planning on returning soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

What a wonderful title for a review...."Happiness" How nicely put! Thank you so much for that nice review! I'm so glad you enjoyed everything.
I would especially like to thank you for mentioning the cleanliness of your room. We are extremely proud of our housekeeping staff. I will share your review with them at our next team meeting.
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope that, as you said, you will be returning soon! Happy travels!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

After traveling all-day I arrived at this wonderful place. The check-in process was quick the room was very clean and updated. The best part of this hotel is the people that run it. It was Monday and the owner held a “manager’s appreciation” dinner. A complete free Dinner that included Fresh Fish, César Salad, Mac & Cheese, Desert and Wine and Beer all included free of charge for the Hotel guests. I inquired about the Fish recipe which by the way was one of the best fish I have ever tried and I’m a serious Fisherman and have cooked fish in many ways. I can’t wait to come back next time I’m in the area. Thank YOU for making my stay a perfect one.

Room Tip: Dont forget to check-out the pool and spa.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tophatafc

Thanks for that fantastic review! It is always great to hear from experienced travelers like yourself! I'm glad you enjoyed everything. It was a nice stroke of luck that you were staying with us on a Monday. Our manager's receptions have really become crowd pleasers. Our owner (and resident grill master) Bob will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed his fish recipe!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit us again very soon! Happy travels!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We came to Wheeling for a softball tournament. I called the hotel while on our drive in to see if we could check in early. The lady I spoke with was very friendly and was glad to hold a room for us. The lobby was so beautiful . Check in was a quick and friendly experience. Our room was great and they are the most comfortable beds ever! I was so impressed with the staff. We had to called down twice to the desk, our items were promptly brought to our room. I have never had such quick service when calling the front desk. When I ran into any employee they were always so friendly and helpful. They say the people in the south are very friendly, but they have nothing on the people in Wheeling. I rode in the elevator with one gentleman who told us about the Italian Festival. . We took the shuttle downtown to the festival. Leo was so friendly and enjoyed our conversation with him. You can tell the employees enjoy working there. The aquatic center was just perfect.I highly recommend this hotel! Chrissy M.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Wow! It is hard to know where to begin responding to such a nice review! I guess thanks would be the best place to start! Seriously though, thanks for the nice comments. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much!
It was especially nice of you to mention the friendly service. I like to think we have the friendliest group of hotel professionals around. Since you mentioned Leo by name, he will receive special recognition at our next team meeting!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will stay with us again soon! Happy travels!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have stayed at this particular hotel twice in the last 3 months and both experiences were wonderful. The staff is top-notch and very welcoming--really making you feel at home from the minute you arrive. My rooms were very clean, comfortable, and extremely quiet with a work area that lets you feel somewhat set off from the room if you want to conduct business while in the room. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best I have experienced--"hot" food was always hot, the variety of foods was excellent, and the staff was constantly replenishing items throughout the serving time. On Monday evening there was a Manager's Buffet--all grilled outside on the patio. I did not take advantage of the meal as I was meeting friends for dinner at a local restaurant, but it looked and smelled delicious! The hotel's location is right off the interstate but far enough away so that you do not get the noise from the traffic. It is also very conveniently located next to and across the street from a couple of nice eating establishments. The price was just a little more than I wanted to spend, but considering all of the nice features, I was okay with that.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for a wonderful review! I'm so glad you enjoyed everything....again!! It's great to hear from repeat guests like yourself. Thanks for making us a regular stop on your journey!
I was glad to hear that you felt our staff was welcoming "the minute you arrive" That is a great thing to hear, because we stress that so much with our staff. (Not that they need much prodding, they are a pretty friendly bunch!)

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was our second stay in the past three months. The service is excellent, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the complimentary breakfast is excellent (nice variety). If you stay on a Monday night, they even make dinner for you. This Hampton is based at the bottom of Olgebay Park for easy access to do what you want there.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for that nice review! It is great to hear from a repeat guest like yourself! Thanks for making us a regular stop! I'm glad you enjoy our hotel!
Thanks also for mentioning our Monday night Manager's reception. We have been doing them for over a year now and they have been a big hit with our guests! This past week we had chicken wings...yum!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will stay with us again soon! Take care!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wheeling Triadelphia at the Highlands
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
The McLure Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!