“Hampton Inn-Wheeling” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
A TripAdvisor Member
“Hampton Inn-Wheeling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Hotel was very nice, helpful staff, nice rooms. The aqua center sets this apart. Indoor pool with ability to open sliding doors to outside, indoor and outdoor hot tubs and a fire pit area outside the lobby with couches and high bar chairs and tables. Breakfast in the morning is better than most and looby area is roomy with lots of tables and areas to relax. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
What a nice review! Thank you for those kind words! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the hotel! We are striving to be the very best Hampton Inn and your feedback helps us know that we are on the right track!
The nicest part of your review was the last line: "I will definitely stay here again." That is music to my ears, and the very reason or everything we do.
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you stay with us again very soon! Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Charlottesville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The room was nice and very clean, and the new aquatic center made the stay extra fun. The staff was very courteous and helpful. We definitely enjoyed the breakfasts (lots of selection and tasty coffee), and the location was close to both the city and the local parks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
It is so nice reading such nice reviews! Thank you for saying such nice things! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!
It was especially nice of you to recognize the friendliness of the staff. That is something that we all take great pride in, and one of the primary reasons we are the top rated hotel in Wheeling. I will share your review with the staff at our next team gathering.
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit us again soon! Have a great day!
Kent, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

The suite room 121 is outstanding and relaxing. Highly recommended for a weekend getaway. Hot tub, outstanding large full body shower with steam. Relaxing shaded patio area. Two TVs and surround sound. You will not be disappointed. Great shuttle service to Oglebay, dining, and casino.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for that wonderful review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed everything! Everyone deserves a little weekend getaway on occassion, I'm glad you decided to spend yours with us!
As you mentioned, our Garden Spa Suites are really upscale and unique. There is not a nicer hotel room to be had in the Wheeling area! It's great that you got to enjoy all of the cool features like the steam showers and the 60" TV with surround sound!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Well it was the best Hampton Inn I've ever been to. It has an amazing aquatic center. It had a lot of awesome things I didn't expect, like a sauna, two hot tubs, and one big pool that was like a mini waterpark and I also liked the mini fire pit. If you like great service,cleanliness,friendly people,and awesome breakfast then this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for that "One of a Kind" review! I really appreciate those kind words, and I believe that you are the first reviewer we have had that used emoticons! Very cool!
I'm so glad that you enjoyed the many features of the Aquatic Center! As you mentioned, it is very unlike the typical hotel pool. We are really striving to provide a unique experience for our guests. If your review is any indication, it seems we have succeeded!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit our hotel again soon! Have a great day!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

As soon as I walked in, I knew I was in for a treat... The loby was absolutely beautiful along with the front desk with the friendliest people ever that welcomed us to wheeling. Then, I went to my room. The beds were fantastic and they totally were the most comfortable beds I had ever slept in! I could work the TV perfectly and the bathroom had plenty of room. The aquatic center was the best part of the hotel. A hot tub outdoor and indoor along with a stem shower and bathrooms with a huge pool. During the evening the Hampton even had a bonfire outside on the grounds!!!!! It really felt like home and being out in the country. Then when it came to the morning, the breakfast was unbelievable!! It felt like I was at a buffet with lots of room and plenty of food and table to sit at! I had a absolutely wonderful stay here and I want to thank the management for being the nicest people ever and making my stay the best!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank scarolin
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Wow! I really don't know where to begin in my response to this review! Thank you so much! You have honored us with such high praise and we are both elated and humbled by it.
What a great title for a review: "This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in" What hotel manager could ask for nicer feedback than that? I am so glad you feel that way. Your comments about the beds, staff and breakfast were super nice also. I will share them with the entire staff!
Once again, thanks for the review! I do hope you will return to stay with us again soon! Happy travels!
Punta Gorda, Fl.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

The room was immaculate and all of the staff were very accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding, perhaps the very best that I have ever had at a hotel The girl attending to the breakfast area was very pleasant and took the time to talk to us. We were very pleased with our one night stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for those kind remarks about our hotel! I am so glad that you enjoyed everything. It really makes my day to read words like "immaculate" and "accommodating" associated with our little hotel! Even better was reading that you thought our breakfast was "the best you had ever had at a hotel" Wow! That is high praise! Thanks also for mentioning the service provided by our breakfast hostess! I will share all of your comments with her!
Champion, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

The staff at this hotel is very accommodating, I will stay here again and advise you to do the same! The aquatic center is very nice and the outdoor sitting area is wonderful, it is walking distance to restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: Just don't stay on the first floor.