“This was the best hotel I have ever stayed in!”

Hampton Inn Wheeling
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
Reviewed July 16, 2013

As soon as I walked in, I knew I was in for a treat... The loby was absolutely beautiful along with the front desk with the friendliest people ever that welcomed us to wheeling. Then, I went to my room. The beds were fantastic and they totally were the most comfortable beds I had ever slept in! I could work the TV perfectly and the bathroom had plenty of room. The aquatic center was the best part of the hotel. A hot tub outdoor and indoor along with a stem shower and bathrooms with a huge pool. During the evening the Hampton even had a bonfire outside on the grounds!!!!! It really felt like home and being out in the country. Then when it came to the morning, the breakfast was unbelievable!! It felt like I was at a buffet with lots of room and plenty of food and table to sit at! I had a absolutely wonderful stay here and I want to thank the management for being the nicest people ever and making my stay the best!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank scarolin
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Wow! I really don't know where to begin in my response to this review! Thank you so much! You have honored us with such high praise and we are both elated and humbled by it.
What a great title for a review: "This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in" What hotel manager could ask for nicer feedback than that? I am so glad you feel that way. Your comments about the beds, staff and breakfast were super nice also. I will share them with the entire staff!
Once again, thanks for the review! I do hope you will return to stay with us again soon! Happy travels!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,296)

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The room was immaculate and all of the staff were very accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding, perhaps the very best that I have ever had at a hotel The girl attending to the breakfast area was very pleasant and took the time to talk to us. We were very pleased with our one night stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for those kind remarks about our hotel! I am so glad that you enjoyed everything. It really makes my day to read words like "immaculate" and "accommodating" associated with our little hotel! Even better was reading that you thought our breakfast was "the best you had ever had at a hotel" Wow! That is high praise! Thanks also for mentioning the service provided by our breakfast hostess! I will share all of your comments with her!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit us again soon! Have a great day!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The staff at this hotel is very accommodating, I will stay here again and advise you to do the same! The aquatic center is very nice and the outdoor sitting area is wonderful, it is walking distance to restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: Just don't stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you for that wonderful review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Your feedback means the world to us.
What I most enjoyed about your review was your focus on our staff. I am so proud of our staff here at the hotel. They are a mostly veteran group and they are all so dedicated to providing world class service! Thanks for recognizing them. I will be sure to share your review with the group at our next team meeting.
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will stay with us again soon! Have a great day!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Excellent experience! Staff was amazing, room was clean and spacious. I was lucky and checked in on a managers Monday where they served dinner and drinks on the house! I look forward to coming back! This was my first time to West Virginia and Hampton Inn made it a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

I am so pleased that we could help make your first visit to West Virginia an enjoyable experience! Thanks so much for that wonderful review! It is so nice to see GREAT spelled out in all caps in the title!
I'm glad that you enjoyed the hotel. It was a stroke of good luck for you to arrive on a Monday night. Our Manager's Reception has really become a hit since it's debut last year. I'm glad you enjoyed the food and beverages. We sure enjoy serving it and it is such a great way for us to meet great guests like yourselves!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here over the 4th of July. The suite was fantastic, the price reasonable. We have stayed in Hilton properties all over the world and this was up there with the best of them. Great pool and exercise facility. Very friendly and helpful staff too. All in all I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: They have two suites. Get one if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for spending our Nation's birthday with us, and thanks for that great review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed our hotel! It is always great to hear from veteran Hilton travelers, who have such an interesting perspective on things.
Thanks also for mentioning the Garden Spa Suites! I'm so glad that you were able to stay in one while you were here. We only have two of them and they go fast! They are unlike any other suite in the Wheeling area, with lots of cool features. I hope you got to try out the steam showers while you were here.
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will stay with us again soon! Happy travels!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have stayed at lots of Hampton Inns, and this one was cleaner, fresher, and better maintained than many. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. We lucked into the manger's reception on a Monday. This was actually a full dinner and included beer and wine. After a long day on the road, this was a treat. They have what they call an aquatic center, and it had various fountains and pools, which looked quite inviting. Unless we missed it, however, the pool was not actually large enough to do laps in. Apparently, this is the hotel of choice for the many workers who stay there during the week so it is best to call ahead for a room. It was also a bit more expensive that most Hampton Inns on the road, but I guess it is supply and demand.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for the review! It is so great to hear from frequent travelers like yourselves. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the hotel! We do feel like we are very different from most Hampton Inn's out there. Thanks for noticing!
It was a spot of luck that you happened to arrive on a Monday. I'm glad you enjoyed our Manager's Reception! It really is great after a long day of traveling to enjoy some food and beverages in a relaxing setting, without having to hop back in the car.
I do have to make one small correction to your review. We do have lap swimming available in the Aquatic Center pool. There is a swim jet device that creates a current in the deep end of the pool that a guest can swim against to do laps. It is a pretty cool feature that some of our more fitness focused guests really enjoy. Please check it out the next time you stay with us!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit us again very soon! Happy traveling!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The shower needed to have more water pressure and the pool needed to be a little warmer. Food was excellent. We had fun at the special meal outside that was complimentary by the Manager. Will definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for your review! I'm so glad that you were generally pleased with the hotel, even though there were some problems with your stay! I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for those problems on behalf of the entire staff. Thanks for letting us know about them. It will please you to know that we have already addressed both the shower water pressure and pool temperature issues. Everything should be working perfectly now!
I'm so glad that you enjoyed our Monday night Management reception. We have one every Monday from 5pm to 8pm, so please come back and enjoy it again! We hope to see you soon! Thanks again for the review and have a great day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wheeling Triadelphia at the Highlands
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
The McLure Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!