“Very accomodating”

Hampton Inn Wheeling
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The staff at this hotel is very accommodating, I will stay here again and advise you to do the same! The aquatic center is very nice and the outdoor sitting area is wonderful, it is walking distance to restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: Just don't stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you for that wonderful review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Your feedback means the world to us.
What I most enjoyed about your review was your focus on our staff. I am so proud of our staff here at the hotel. They are a mostly veteran group and they are all so dedicated to providing world class service! Thanks for recognizing them. I will be sure to share your review with the group at our next team meeting.
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will stay with us again soon! Have a great day!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,270)

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Excellent experience! Staff was amazing, room was clean and spacious. I was lucky and checked in on a managers Monday where they served dinner and drinks on the house! I look forward to coming back! This was my first time to West Virginia and Hampton Inn made it a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

I am so pleased that we could help make your first visit to West Virginia an enjoyable experience! Thanks so much for that wonderful review! It is so nice to see GREAT spelled out in all caps in the title!
I'm glad that you enjoyed the hotel. It was a stroke of good luck for you to arrive on a Monday night. Our Manager's Reception has really become a hit since it's debut last year. I'm glad you enjoyed the food and beverages. We sure enjoy serving it and it is such a great way for us to meet great guests like yourselves!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here over the 4th of July. The suite was fantastic, the price reasonable. We have stayed in Hilton properties all over the world and this was up there with the best of them. Great pool and exercise facility. Very friendly and helpful staff too. All in all I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: They have two suites. Get one if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for spending our Nation's birthday with us, and thanks for that great review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed our hotel! It is always great to hear from veteran Hilton travelers, who have such an interesting perspective on things.
Thanks also for mentioning the Garden Spa Suites! I'm so glad that you were able to stay in one while you were here. We only have two of them and they go fast! They are unlike any other suite in the Wheeling area, with lots of cool features. I hope you got to try out the steam showers while you were here.
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will stay with us again soon! Happy travels!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have stayed at lots of Hampton Inns, and this one was cleaner, fresher, and better maintained than many. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. We lucked into the manger's reception on a Monday. This was actually a full dinner and included beer and wine. After a long day on the road, this was a treat. They have what they call an aquatic center, and it had various fountains and pools, which looked quite inviting. Unless we missed it, however, the pool was not actually large enough to do laps in. Apparently, this is the hotel of choice for the many workers who stay there during the week so it is best to call ahead for a room. It was also a bit more expensive that most Hampton Inns on the road, but I guess it is supply and demand.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for the review! It is so great to hear from frequent travelers like yourselves. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the hotel! We do feel like we are very different from most Hampton Inn's out there. Thanks for noticing!
It was a spot of luck that you happened to arrive on a Monday. I'm glad you enjoyed our Manager's Reception! It really is great after a long day of traveling to enjoy some food and beverages in a relaxing setting, without having to hop back in the car.
I do have to make one small correction to your review. We do have lap swimming available in the Aquatic Center pool. There is a swim jet device that creates a current in the deep end of the pool that a guest can swim against to do laps. It is a pretty cool feature that some of our more fitness focused guests really enjoy. Please check it out the next time you stay with us!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit us again very soon! Happy traveling!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The shower needed to have more water pressure and the pool needed to be a little warmer. Food was excellent. We had fun at the special meal outside that was complimentary by the Manager. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for your review! I'm so glad that you were generally pleased with the hotel, even though there were some problems with your stay! I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for those problems on behalf of the entire staff. Thanks for letting us know about them. It will please you to know that we have already addressed both the shower water pressure and pool temperature issues. Everything should be working perfectly now!
I'm so glad that you enjoyed our Monday night Management reception. We have one every Monday from 5pm to 8pm, so please come back and enjoy it again! We hope to see you soon! Thanks again for the review and have a great day!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were just spending a night here on our way to Gettysburg. We needed to "do something" to have West Virginia count towards our getting all the lower 48 for the kids. The hotel offered shuttle service. We wanted to go across the oldest suspension bridge in the world. The driver was a local and not only did the bridge but other points in Wheeling, including some history. He went above and beyond and we appreciated it!!! The NICEST breakfast and breakfast area of the whole trip. The kids and I could have looked at the salt water tank for hours. There was an outdoor teak garden area with a water feature and a fire pit that was relaxing too.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Wow! What a cool review! I am so excited that our little hotel is going to be part of your memories of West Virginia as part of your conquest of the lower 48 states! It sounds like you are quite the traveling family! Comments from experienced travelers like yourselves are so important to us!
Thanks also for mentioning that you thought our breakfast was the best of the trip! I'm so glad you enjoyed it and I will personally tape this review to our breakfast hostess's kitchen cabinets tomorrow morning! She will be thrilled!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will stay with us again soon, even though West Virginia is marked off of your lower 48 map! Happy travels!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is my choice hotel for the area now. Nice segregation of smoking and non smoking rooms. I always have a room on a nonsmoking floor which makes my stay more enjoyable. Every Monday is the manager's reception which includes salad, entree with vegetables, desserts, and beverages. This is certainly something to look forward to during my stays. Some covered parking is available (shared w Bob Evans) which Is great if you stay during the winter.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Wow! What a great review! It is always good to hear from those road warriors of the business travel world like yourself! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the hotel! It was great to hear that we will be your regular hotel when visiting the Wheeling area! Thank you so much!
One thing that really stood out to me from your review was the way you highlighted some of the more obscure features of the hotel, like the covered parking deck and the non smoking floors. I respond to many reviews, but that was the first time those features had been pointed out by anyone. Thanks for noticing! I'm also glad you have gotten to enjoy the Monday night Manager's Reception's. They have really become super popular with our guests and they are a great opportunity for our Management staff to meet guests like yourself!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wheeling Triadelphia at the Highlands
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
The McLure Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!