“Another Fabulous Stay!!”

Hampton Inn Wheeling
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We had another great visit at this awesome property! We brought the family this time. After liking the Facebook page I found out about the great specials that were being offered. We reserved the Garden Suite and a King room for my patents. At check in we were informed of a slight problem with the room and management automatically adjusted the room rate even more than the special we booked for. Our family enjoyed the aquatic center after the day of traveling. The older two were even brave enough to try out the splash deck in the chilly weather. Later in the evening we enjoyed our complimentary pizza around the fire pit in the teak garden. Breakfast Monday morning was delicious again this visit. Oh I almost forgot the fresh baked cookies at check in! We were very impressed that Nancy and Taylor remembered us from our last visit! They both seem to be spectacular employees!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Rjdt1119
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

The only thing nicer than one great review is a second great review! I'm glad the whole family got to come this time. Thanks so much for being a repeat guest and for such nice feedback! It is very much appreciated!
I also appreciate you liking us on Facebook. Keep following our page for updates and specials throughout the year! I think you will enjoy some of the specials we have coming up!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit us again soon! Take care!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,270)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My son was in school in Wheeling and I have stayed at this hotel at least 6 times a year over the past four years. Every visit was the same. Clean, Friendly check in out speedy check out. The curb appeal, the outdoor dining facility to the evening outdoor fire. Love it. This hotel is probably THE best overall in the area. And I have checked out several others in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I own a tour company and as I plan trips I try to make this Hotel a stop! The staff is so friendly and the property itself is so well cared for. They have just added an Aquatic Center and offer outdoor sitting areas with gas fireplaces. One evening a week the manager even cooks out for the guest! A banner was displayed saying they had been voted in the top 3% of Hamptons. You'll be glad you visited.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TimisTours
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Wow! Thanks for that great review! I remember having your group with us and everyone was such a delight! I'm so glad that they enjoyed everything!
Thanks also for mentioning our top 3% ranking! We are so proud, but we are not satisfied yet! We are shooting for #1! I also appreciate you mentioning our Teak Garen area. It is the perfect spot for a large group like yours to gather and enjoy a Spring evening!
Thanks again for the review! I hope we will have the opportunity to host your group again! Come back soon and have a great day!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Several features of this Hampton Inn worked together to make our stay very comfortable and leave us very satisfied. We were quickly checked in upon arrival. Coffee, cookies and fruit were available in the clean, bright, and welcoming lobby. Floor choice for rooms was offered and we were allowed to select from all. The temperature of our room was set comfortably and we noticed a floral fragrance upon entering. The room was able to be well lit and bright enough to read easily. The wireless internet was especially appreciated and we noticed that plug-in internet was also available. Although we did not watch much television, we noted that the television was bright, clear, and easy to see. Great care had been taken to make the room and bathroom very clean. There is nothing I could suggest to make our stay more comfortable and we were very satisfied with the property, as a whole, and our room, as well. One of the things that I appreciated the most was the clean duvet cover. This is such a plus that I would love to plan all of my overnight travels to be at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thanks so much for that great, and very detailed, review! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts!
I'm so glad that you were pleased with the hotel! Our team is really striving to offer world class hospitality here, I will be sure to share your review withthe team at our next meeting! I was especially pleased with how much you mentioned the cleanliness of the hotel. We have a great housekeeping department that we are very proud of. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to praise them for a job well done!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit our hotel again soon! Have a great day!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Hadn't been back to the Wheeling WVa Hampton Inn since May of 2012. Just stayed this past weekend Apr 28 2013. Another nice night of rest. Hampton Inn is very nicely kept, great breakfast, great staff, and wonderful rooms. Can't recommend this hotel enough.

Room Tip: 5th floor is probably the quietest - top floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jon K
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Wow! It is really nice getting great reviews, but even nicer getting multiple reviews from our regular guests! Thanks for taking the time (again!) to give us your feedback! I'm so glad that you enjoy your stays with us! Believe me, it is our pleasure to be able to serve you! Please don't wait so long to come back next time! Take care!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Easy to get to off of I-70. quiet location, just far enough off of interstate. very nice property, very well maintained. beautiful indoor pool, neat little outdoor garden area. Lobby is beautiful. Staff was very good all around. Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare. All in all a great hotel. On business trip so no input on attractions near there or anything like that. We ate in Pittsburgh so I can't comment on nearby restaurants either. I would stay there again. Clean, modern rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thanks for that great review! It is always nice when an experienced traveller like yourself provides us with such great feedback! I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know your feelings.
Thanks also for your mention of our staff. We aspire to provide world class service here and are very proud of our team. I really feel that it is more about "the staff" than "the stuff"!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again soon! Happy travels!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

My family and I visited this hotel for one night with our kids while visiting family in far east Ohio. We checked in and the front desk attendant came out and announced there were fresh cookies and our kids were so excited that a hotel would offer this. We arrived in our room and the first thing we noticed was that it smelled like fresh laundry. The room was incredibly clean. Of course with kids we couldn't skip the pool; there were only two people in there and I have never seen a better maintained hotel pool. It was clean and WARM,. Nothing better than a warm room when you get out of the pool. We spent hours there and my kids were in heaven. The provided noodles and beach ball were an added bonus. We spent the evening on the beautiful Patio with fire pit. We have never been to a hotel that felt like a nice evening at home. This will be our go to from now on!

• Stayed: April 2013
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you so much for that great review! Travelling with kids and keeping them entertained is always a challenge! I'm so glad that our hotel, with all of the Aquatic Center features you mentioned, was able to fit the bill this time!
Thanks also for mentioning the cleanliness of the hotel. We are very proud of our housekeeping staff! They are our secret weapon in our quest to be the number one Hampton Inn!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will stay with us again soon! We'll keep the cookies warm for you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wheeling Triadelphia at the Highlands
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
The McLure Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!