“Very nice hotel - great facility and service”

Hampton Inn Wheeling
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
Kansas City, Missouri
“Very nice hotel - great facility and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Easy to get to off of I-70. quiet location, just far enough off of interstate. very nice property, very well maintained. beautiful indoor pool, neat little outdoor garden area. Lobby is beautiful. Staff was very good all around. Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare. All in all a great hotel. On business trip so no input on attractions near there or anything like that. We ate in Pittsburgh so I can't comment on nearby restaurants either. I would stay there again. Clean, modern rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thanks for that great review! It is always nice when an experienced traveller like yourself provides us with such great feedback! I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know your feelings.
Thanks also for your mention of our staff. We aspire to provide world class service here and are very proud of our team. I really feel that it is more about "the staff" than "the stuff"!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again soon! Happy travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

My family and I visited this hotel for one night with our kids while visiting family in far east Ohio. We checked in and the front desk attendant came out and announced there were fresh cookies and our kids were so excited that a hotel would offer this. We arrived in our room and the first thing we noticed was that it smelled like fresh laundry. The room was incredibly clean. Of course with kids we couldn't skip the pool; there were only two people in there and I have never seen a better maintained hotel pool. It was clean and WARM,. Nothing better than a warm room when you get out of the pool. We spent hours there and my kids were in heaven. The provided noodles and beach ball were an added bonus. We spent the evening on the beautiful Patio with fire pit. We have never been to a hotel that felt like a nice evening at home. This will be our go to from now on!

• Stayed April 2013
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you so much for that great review! Travelling with kids and keeping them entertained is always a challenge! I'm so glad that our hotel, with all of the Aquatic Center features you mentioned, was able to fit the bill this time!
Thanks also for mentioning the cleanliness of the hotel. We are very proud of our housekeeping staff! They are our secret weapon in our quest to be the number one Hampton Inn!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will stay with us again soon! We'll keep the cookies warm for you!
hilliard, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great hotel with wonderful staff. Convienent location in Wheeling just off I70 and far enough away from the road to have no highway noise. Great place to get a comfortable good night's sleep. Self serve breakfast is actually very nice with the hot items and waffles. Have stayed here a number of times and always very satisfied.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Jon K
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you so much for that great review! I really appreciate what you said, especially about our staff! We are very proud of out team members, many of whom have been here many years, and proud of the service they provide! Thanks for noticing!
I also am glad that you mentioned our "On the House" hot breakfast bar! We strive to provide the best possible breakfast in the Hampton system, by offering extras like a third hot item and fresh berries every morning! I personally love the waffles!
Once again, thanks for the review, and thanks for being a repeat guest! I hope that we will see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I love the Hampton Inn in Wheeling! The staff are always so friendly and helpful, the amenities are great, and the rooms are super clean and fresh. There is also an amazing aquatics center and sauna to relieve the day's stress. It's the only place I'll stay in the Ohio Valley!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Hkendra3
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for that great review. What could be better than hearing the words: "This hotel has the best staff!" ? I am so glad that you feel that way! It is so important for all of us here to connect with our guests on a daily basis. It really makes all the difference in the world.
The really cool thing is that I think we have some of the best guests in the world! Including yourself! It is great having you stay with us!
Thanks also for mentioning the Aquatic Center. I'm so glad that it is a stress reliever for you after a long day of work. You deserve it!
Once again, thanks for the review! I'm sure I will see you soon!
Monroeville, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

group of us went on a Casino run and we stayed at the Hampton Inn Wheeling!!! The service were absolutelty terriffic-booked 5 rooms and everyone was happy!!! The shuttle service ws gret-it took us to the casino and then to diiner at alpha House-which I reccommend to anyone visiting Wheeling!! Leo, Jack, Tom and the whole staff Thank You for the wonderful chauffer service and the excellent accomodations!! The aquatic center was great and the fire pit in the evening hours was wonderful!! hope to come back soon!!!!

Room Tip: A must stay!! Everyone was nice and the shuttle service was a must need for us!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vicky B
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for that awesome review! Your group was an absolute delight, and we enjoyed shuttling you around town! I'm so glad that you enjoyed everything!
It was also very nice of you to mention the Aquatic Center, fire pit and shuttle service in your review. As you may, or may not know, we are the only hotel in Wheeling with those amenities. We are thrilled to be able to offer them to our guests!
Once again, thanks for the review! You are a fun group, and we hope to see you all again real soon!
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

The room itself was excellently laid out, with a ton of extras (e.g., fridge, microwave, iron, hair dryer, etc) that I wasn't expecting. Comfy beds and pillows. VERY CLEAN. The Aquatic Center really is incredible for a Hampton Inn. Pool is bigger than other Hamptons and so was the hot-tub. There is a steam shower as well, which was incredible. The exercise room was way better than expected with 3 flat screens, 3 treadmills, 2 bikes, 2 benches, 2 ellipticals, and a lot of weights, along with some type of other machine (?). There was always coffee and really dellcious tea available, along with iced tea, cookies, and apples/pears/bananas in the afternoon after breakfast ended. The breakfast is much better than other hotel chains, but this specific Hampton's breakfast was much better than other Hampton's too. Hard-boilded eggs, scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, bagel melts, bagels, all types of breads/pastries/rolls/etc, several cereals, skim and 2 percent milk, GREEK YOGURT (along with other types of yogurt, e.g., regular, reduced fat, etc), great oatmeal with all the fixings, grits (wow!), fresh melon, grapes, blueberries, oranges, pineapple, banana, pear, etc. and 2 waffles machines w/ peanut butter, syrup (and reduced sugar), jams, honey, almonds, raisins, etc. And the staff are the most SINCERE, attentive staff I've ever experienced in a hotel. There wasn't one of them that was rude or pretended to be nice. And they leaves mints on your pillow and write you hand-written notes on your TV stand wishing you a great day after they clean your room! They were great people. And when I was walking out the door, they gave me a "to-go" bag with an apple, blueberry muffin, bottled water, and granola bar as a departure gift. There are also several restuarants within walking distance. This is an awesome place. God bless the Hampton Inn and its workers in Wheeling! Oh, and the lobby is awesome. Almost like a ski lodge...I'm stopping now.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank 511JohnP511
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I must admit, I'm not sure where to begin responding to your wonderful, and very detailed, review. I guess thank you is the best way to start, so..... THANK YOU!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to provide such comprehensive feedback, It is so important to what we are trying to accomplish here!
I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Aquatic Center, Fitness Center and our "On the House" hot breakfast bar. Our owner Mr. Hitchman, has spared no effort or expense in our quest to be the number 1 Hampton Inn in the country! Our unique amenities are due to the personal commitment that he has made here and we are proud to offer them!
What pleased me most with your review though, was your mention of a SINCERELY friendly staff. That is our number one goal here and means so much to us! Thanks for mentioning it! We enjoy what we do here, and I think that it shows! I have always felt that the hospitality business should be fun!
Once again, thanks for that remarkable review! I hope you will visit us again soon! In the meantime, if you would like to stay connected with our hotel, please like us on Facebook! Have a great day!
Bucyrus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a great experience at the Hampton Inn in Wheeling, WV. I didn't realize that there was an aquatic center before we checked in, but my two kids loved it! The hot tubs were amazing as were the steam rooms. This is a great hotel to relax at. When we walked into the room it smelled so fresh and clean! The staff is super nice and helpful and they offer cookies in the evening for the kids. The breakfast in the morning was a great start to our day. I would highly recommend this hotel and will probably stay here in all of my future travels to Wheeling.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for that wonderful review! I'm so glad that you and your children were pleasantly surprised by all the features of the Aquatic Center! Thank goodness for happy accidents! haha! Seriously though, thanks for mentioning the service provided by the staff. We are very proud of our little Hampton family! Thanks also for mentioning the clean smelling rooms! I will share your comments with our housekeeping staff!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit us again soon! We will save some cookies for you! In the meantime, if you would like to stay connected with our little hotel, please like us on Facebook! Have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
The McLure Hotel & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia/wheeling

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!