“Beyond ALL expectations!!!”

Hampton Inn Wheeling
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheeling
“Beyond ALL expectations!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our experience at The Hampton was nothing short of amazing!!! Our evening did not start out the best due to a horrible experience at another hotel in town. After a long day of traveling and issues at the other hotel we were exhausted. From the moment we walked through the door The Hampton staff went above and beyond all of our expectations. They immediately offered to shuttle us to a nice dinner so we could relax and recommended the hottub upon returning. Taylor was very pleasant and graciously offered his services. He even gave us a tour of the suite and recommended we return and reserve that room for our anniversary. Every staff member we encountered was willing to go the extra mile to make sure the guests had a top notch experience. The breakfast served the next morning was delicious and had something for everyone. We can't wait until we have the opportunity to go back. It was our first stay with a Hampton and if the others are half as good as the Wheeling location it won't be the last!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Rjdt1119
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I can't thank you enough for that great review! It is so awesome to be able to make a connection with guests like yourself. I'm so glad that you enjoyed everything! Most importantly, I'm glad you were pleased with the service. Thanks for mentioning Taylor by name, he will receive special recognition at our next team meeting!
Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you will visit our hotel again soon! Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Utica, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have been staying at the Wheeling Hampton Inn on business for the last 8 months and I can truly say the management and staff try to make me as comfortable as if I was at home. The aquatic center and work out facilities are top notch. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a wonderful nights stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
It is so great to hear from a road warrior like yourself! 8 Months! Wow! Thank you so much for the review! I'm so glad that we are able to make you feel at home for that extended period of time. I'm sure we have gotten to know you a little at our weekly Manager's Receptions and I look forward to seeing you this Monday for the next one!
Thanks also for your mention of our Aquatic Center and Fitness Facility. I'm sure it is important to have top notch amenities when you are staying such a long time.
Once again, thanks for the review, and thanks for being such a great regular guest!
Tega Cay, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We weren't planning on staying at this particular Hampton Inn, but we made the reservations by accident. What a perfect mistake! The Aquatic Center with the Rain Forest Shower, hot tubs both inside and out, and lots of fun water features in the pool for my 8-year olds and my 3-year old made us all very happy travelers. In addition, the rooms were incredibly clean and comfy, the staff in every area was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast provided us all with options we could enjoy. I'm trying to find another reason to go back through that area again soon just so we could stay at the Hampton Inn again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dray_13
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
What a great review! Thanks so much! I have two words that sum up our feelings for your review - totally awesome!!!
Seriously though, we appreciate your feedback. I'm so glad that you had a happy accident and found us! It sounds like your kids had a great time in our Aquatic Center! You will have to come back when we have our outdoor splash deck open. That should be no later than late April or early May. We will post it on our Facebook page when it opens, so please like us on Facebook!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you invent a reason to come see us soon! Happy travels!
Jasper, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were just passing through Wheeling and needed a nice clean hotel room for the night. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised to find the quality and comfort that we checked into. We travel through this area every time we travel east. This will be a future stop coming and/or going.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for that great review! It means so much, especially coming from experienced travelers like yourself! I'm so glad we could be your pleasant suprise!
I especially like the title of your review - Cozy and Comfortable are some pretty cool adjectives to be on the receiving end of!
Once again, thanks for the review! It sounds like I will be seeing you again the next time you head east! I will look forward to it! Happy travels!
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I have to get to Wheeling every 3-4 months for business. The Hampton Inn-Wheeling is hands down the best place to stay for the comfort, convenience and fair price in that area. no question! srm

Room Tip: Check out the 2nd Fl pool, spa and exercise facility!
Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for that wonderful review! I think the title says it all: "THE place to stay in Wheeling"! I'm so glad you think so! We are very proud of the hotel and are just thrilled to get such nice feedback!
Thanks also for mentioning the Aquatic Center. I hope you got the chance to enjoy it while you were here.
Once again, thanks for the review. I guess since you ar in the area every 3 or 4 months, that I will be seeing you again soon. I certainly hope so! Happy travels!
Bessemer, Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

This hotel is above excellent. Everywhere we went in the hotel was extremely clean from the pool area to the hotel lobby. Our room was spotless and that is really important to us when we travel. The staff go above and beyond when providing customer service. Stephen, who works at the front desk is so super nice. Our check in went smoothly and Stephen let us know about the various activities that were happening in the area that night. Our hotel package came with a free pizza and 4 cans of soda. We called down and talked to Stephen and when it was ready he brought it up to our room. He is an excellent asset to this hotel! He even gave us directions to the casinos. The morning complimentary breakfast was excellent. They offered western omelets, sausage, hashbrown, waffles and more. I also want to mention that we met Kim with housekeeping in the elevator and it was refreshing to have someone wish us a good morning and to see someone who seems happy at her job! Love this hotel. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LisaandJohn16112
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Wow! What a great review! I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for mentioning the cleanliness of the room. That is so important! Our housekeeping department really does a fine job and we are real proud of their work!
I am especially glad that you mentioned the service you received while you were here. Thanks for mentioning Stephen and Kim by name! Because you did so, they will receive special recognition at our next team meeting! Thanks for making that possible!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will visit us again soon! Happy travels!
Pa.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stay here frequently for business reasons. Rooms are always quite clean and fresh and are quiet. Heat unit is pretty quiet. Pool/spa/fitness center is very nice. The staff are all so nice. They are always pleasant, helpful, and seem to want you to enjoy your stay. The housekeeping staff always greets me if I pass them in the hall and asks how I am doing. The rates can get a little pricey for the area, I mean, it is Wheeling, WV and sometimes I pay $130- $170 per night for a single room for one night (including taxes). My coworkers that live in the area cannot believe they get that price. It is still a great place to stay and I will continue to do so.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jack P, Manager at Hampton Inn Wheeling, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thanks for the great review! I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you feel. Your feedback is super important to us!
What I really love about your review is that your focus is on the service provided by the staff! That, more than anything, is what we want to be known for. We have two very important rules: 1. No guest gets past a staff member without a friendly and genuine greeting! 2. No guest leaves the hotel unhappy! We are doing our best to live by those rules!
I am sorry that you feel the rates are a little high. We did recently lower them a little. I hope that you feel, as we do, that we still offer the best value for your travelling dollar!
Once again, thanks for the review! I hope you will stay with us again soon! Happy travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
Hampton Inn Suites Wheeling - The Highlands
The McLure Hotel & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia/wheeling

Been to Hampton Inn Wheeling? Share your experiences!