Knights Inn Wheeling
$109
$85
$159
$135
Days Inn by Wyndham St Clairsville(Saint Clairsville)(Great Value!)
$68
$61
$108
$169
$135
Fairfield Inn
$189
Hampton.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 12, 2012

This is quite possible the most filthy, horrible, third world flop house dump of a hotel in America. This place is horrific. I wouldn't be surprised to find a dead body under the bed. I would literally sleep in my car rather than stay in this hell hole. This place is awful in every way. STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Tim M
Reviewed October 26, 2011

the worst place I stay during my trip from West cost to Est cost. The elevator was a trash can. The 3rd floor hallway was terrible (see the picture). The room was ok for me because I had no other choice but my wife would prefer sleep in the car. Terrible place but very nice people at front desk.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank ErnestTito
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Looks like pictures I've seen from cities that were bombed.
Beer bottles and cigarettes all over the hallway.
AND there were not sheets on one of our beds.
Plus, it was not cheap!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank 306traveller
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Two words to begin with: Bed Bugs!
This place doesn't even deserve the one star rating. At first, from the front entrance to the elevator things seem to be ok (if you do not notice all the trash and junk cluttered behind the glass of the first floor space). While in the elevator, we had to stop on the second floor for another person who rode with us to exit the elevator. First thing that jumped to my attention there was the filthiest floor carpet i've ever seen anywhere... I thought it might get better on our 4th floor. When the elevator got there, it made such a jump and wobble that i really got worried about it going down. The carpets outside the elevator on that floor did not prove to be any better than on the second.
Once i made the way to the room (it's a motel type of setting with room access from the shared balcony) the stuffy, slightly smelly and allegedly non-smoking room was a bit dirty and disappointing. Dead carcasses of different bugs that someone had killed before were still clinging to the ceilings and the walls. There was electrical outlet uner the table that looked to be make-shift and absolutely unsafe (with the hole in the floor visible and the wires coming out of the electrical box). Oh, and the iron in our room was missing the plug (as in only wires sticking out of it).
Once i took the bed spread off the bed i noticed yellowish stains on the bed sheets. After separating the sheets to check out the one on the bottom - i spotted tiny crawler... - It was a bed bug! After demolishing the bug between the key-cards, i gathered up my bag and went downstairs to take all my stuff to the car (not interested in bringing any bugs home with me) and to complain to the clerk downstairs.
The Lady at the front desk seemed to get really concerned with what she was told and offered to check on the issue and at the very least to get new sheets (like that would solve the problem). After she called the maid (to no avail) she decided to look for clean linens herself and came up empty handed, but saying she'll take care of the problem.
I had to leave to meet my friends elsewhere and stayed out quite late. When i came back (tried braving the elevator for the last time - all other times after that i used the stairs) i noticed that the bed was freshly made, but after peeling back the bed-spread noticed the familiar yellow stains i noticed earlier in the same spots. Needless to say i did not end up even sleeping here and went to spend the rest fo the night at the casino with friends.
Oh, yeah - and if you do decide to check the place out for yourselves - notice the trailer parked semi-permanently in the parking lot with the "TOXIC" HazMat placards on it. - Not even kidding. And notice all the trash you can see from the balcony on the roof of whatever it is on the first floor of the building.
Bottom line - it was the WORST hotel/motel experience ever - even when compared to a Russian college dorm. Enter at your own risk and even then - try not to take the elevator.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here!!! Owners should be arrested for the conditions they keep this place in.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Mr_1216
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This hotel is so GROSS!!!! words can not even explain it. the room is dirty, bathrooms have not been cleaned ever i think. The rooms smelled horrible. We came in to town for one night and there was some event going on and all the other hotels were booked so we ended up here. The elevator was broke. It had a sign that said "only 2 ppl int he elevatir at the time if more people ho in it will break, you will be stuck. mangement is not resp!" I mean really?!?!?!?!?! We went to the casino and came back to the room around 1 am. Our smoke detector was going off. We called the front desk and they said some would be up. After 6 phone calls no one came up and my husband went to the front desk and we had to move to a diffrent room a 3 am!!!! REALLY!??!!??! The next room was just as bad. the bed spread was dirty and had born holes and stains all over it. We didnt even shower in either one of the bathrooms because the tub was scary. There def. were some questionable ppl around the area. So we didn't sleep well. We were up and out of the room at 7 am. We paid 100 dollars. I would have slept better in my car and not wasted 100 dollars. This palce isnt worth 10 dollars. Beware this hotel is the WORST place ever. Dont stay here!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family