This is one of the loveliest hotels we have stayed in, extremely friendly, great food, comfortable room, good location for walks etc. We will definitely book again.
If I had to say something negative, it would be that everything on the breakfast menu was to order only, there was absolutely nothing out in the dining room that you could help yourself to, such as fruit juice, fresh fruit, cerial, maybe croissants which is unusual, especially for what is quite an expensive hotel. Most hotels, you can get some fruit or cerial while waiting for a cooked breakfast, but on the menu it was listed as either/or. The cooked breakfast was delicious though, all locally produced sausages which were great . The only reason I have not given the cleanliness 5 stars is because the bedroom carpet looked like they had forgotton to hoover it, and a long mirror in the hall of the out building needed cleaning, or maybe replacing it was just very smeared, as I say it might not be cleaning it needs, just replacing. Very picky points and only my opinion, but the rest certainly made up for it, so don't let it put you off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Rectory, Norwich's only AA 4* Gold 'Restaurant with Rooms' is a beautiful Georgian House, with adjoining Victorian Coach House, standing in an acre of mature secluded gardens on the eastern fringes of Norwich, overlooking the Yare valley and Thorpe Marshes nature reserve . We offer warm hospitality and friendly service to discerning travellers in a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere. Every morning, you can enjoy a delicious breakfast, cooked to order and served to your table. Our menu features local sausages, bacon, ham and eggs, Chef's own toasted muesli, thick yoghurt with home-made fruit compote, and artisan bread from a Norwich baker. Our Dining Room is open Tuesday to Saturday evenings (closed Sunday / Monday), with a daily changing 2 AA Rosette menu featuring freshly prepared, locally sourced, seasonal produce. The elegant intimate, Georgian panelled room has just six tables so be sure to book dinner in advance as we regret we cannot guarantee availability of a table, nor a particular time, where dinner reservations have not been made prior to arrival. The Old Rectory is 2 miles from Norwich railway station (services to London, Cambridge, the Norfolk Coast and intermediate stations) and the city centre with its Norman Castle and Cathedral, medieval churches, excellent shopping facilities and open air market. Norwich International Airport (flights to Manchester, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and international flights via the KLM hub at Amsterdam Schipol) is 5 miles. The Norfolk Broads National Park and the sandy beaches of the east coast are a short drive, and many historic houses, nature reserves, gardens etc are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Old Rectory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Rectory Hotel Norwich
- Old Rectory Norwich
- Old Rectory Hotel Norwich