Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston
Super 8 by Wyndham Weston WV(Weston)(Great Value!)
$75
$67
Sleep Inn(Bridgeport)
$71
SleepInn
All reviewspool and hot tubfree breakfastroom was cleanmanaged hotelgas stationlike sleeping on a cloudpancake makerlunatic asylumghost huntingnice hotelnot hesitate to stay here againwest virginialate checkappalachian glassbiscuits and gravystrip mall across the streetother hotels
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is a nice clean facilty with a helpful and friendly staff. The rooms are comfortable and clean. I spend 50-60 night a year in various hotels and this had to be one of worst mattresses I have ever slept on. I like a cool room at night, set the room A/C at 66 degress and there was no way it even came close to the set temp. Needless to say it was a bad night. Desk was notified, hopefully the problems were resolved before someone else uses the room

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Robert K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for your most recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express in Weston, West Virginia. First of all after reading your review I noticed that you found our staff to the helpful and friendly, that your room was clean and comfortable.

Regarding the mattress, the mattress and box spring that we use is from one of the preferred bedding companies that is approved by Intercontinental Hotels Group (franchisor). Most of the time we get positive comments on the bedding, but we have noticed is everyone has a different opinion when it comes to bedding. I am sorry that we did not meet that standard with you.

We continue to monitor the air conditioning units cooling properly and have had no other complaints.

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We appreciate our entire guests’ feedback that is positive and negative.

Most Holiday Inn Express hotels are independently owned and operated. Please do not let your dissatisfaction with our hotel prevent you from giving the hundreds of other owners and operators an opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very nice. The lobby was beautiful and quiet. The hot breakfast was excellent and quickly refilled so it was never empty. The room was a good size and the fridge was on the larger side. The main thing that would have helped in the bathroom was to have a fan that you could actively turn on - probably woild eliminate the mildew on the tub caulking. Overall we were made to feel welcome by the staff and had a nice night stay. Maybe next time we stop we'll have time to use the beautiful indoor pool!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Robert K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for the comments and your thoughts regarding our Holiday Inn Express in Weston, West Virginia.

You are very correct that the Holiday Inn Express breakfast has excellent choices for everyone. I will pass on your comments to our breakfast host that she is doing a wonderful job at keeping the breakfast bar stocked and ready for everyone.

Regarding the bathroom fan issue. The fan in the bathroom continuously runs throughout the day and night, there is no on/off switch.

I have instructed our maintenance department to pay closer attention to the caulking around the tub/shower area to replace caulking that has started to mildew. I do not think that issue has anything to do with the continuous air flow in the bathroom area.

If your travel needs take you through the Weston, West Virginia area in the future I hope you will stay with us and take the time to use the pool.

Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here last night great hotel. Just stayed one night but will stay again maybe for a little longer. Breakfast was outstanding room was clean and nice. Beds were comfortable Great place would recommend anyone driving through to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012
Robert K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful comments you wrote about your recent visit to our Holiday Inn Express & Suties in Weston, West Virginia.

You are so correct the beds are comfortable. We get very positive comments about the quality of the hotels beds. Breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express is just right for every traveler, there is so many selections.

Again I would personally like to thank you for the comments and I look forward to seeing you again if your future traveles take you through the Weston, West Virginia area.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed here three times visiting the trans-allegheny lunatic asylum, the staff are polite and professional, clean rooms and comfortable. Stayed in another local motel one time and I can say this one is worth the extra you have to pay!!!

Room Tip: If you get a chance visit the trans-allegheny lunatic asylum in Weston, you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our hotel and staff. We stive hard to make sure that we provide a clean and comfortable stay. From your comments I think we have achieved our goal.

You are correct that the trans-allegheny lunatic asylum is something to see while you are in Weston.

Again thank you for the excellent comments and I look forward to seeing you the next time you visit the trans-allegheny lunatic asylum.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We usually stay in Hampton Inns when traveling, but chose this Holiday Inn Express for our overnight stop because of location. The property was in good condition ( It appeared to be new) and both public areas (lobby and breakfast area, heated indoor pool) and the room were clean and attractive. We had a king room - it was well appointed, with a large screen TV with a wide selection of channels, a microfridge, and free WI FI. The bathroom was clean and had a powerful shower head and plenty of hot water. However, the bed was VERY uncomfortalbe; both my husband and I woke up with backaches (because the property seemed comparable to Hampton in other respects, we were quite disappointed that the quality of the bed was so poor). The free breakfast was very good and well-stocked. We paid more for this room (even wtth AAA discount) than I recall having to pay for comparable rooms recently (obviously, they can demand more since there are not many hotels in the area) In retrospect, we wish we had driven a few miles out of the way to the Hampton. We would have paid less and had similar amenities and a better night's sleep.

Room Tip: Property was set far enough back that there was no highway/interstate noise. Three story property. Inside access. it appeared all rooms were comparable as far as location.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

I am glad that you decided to stay with us at the Weston, WV Holiday Inn Express. After reviewing your comments regarding our hotel I can see that you were pleased with the hotel. We try hard to make sure that every guest is special. I am sorry that you thought our beds were uncomfortable, we usually get excellent comment regarding our bed quality, but each guest has that special need when it comes to bedding.

Regarding our rate structure compared to the Hampton Inn's. We continue to monitor our rates with the area. I just reviewed the rates with the Hampton Inn in Bridgeport, WV which is located on I-79 just noth of Weston and we are less.