Open today: 11:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Awesome experience!

We took the paranormal tour and didn’t know what to expect. Our tour guide was awesome. She shared... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Storyteller779499
Tour

I've always wanted to see the Asylum. Ever since I saw Ghost Hunters episode. My sister, brother n... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Voyage19076719789

4,953 results
All reviews paranormal tour first floor mental health main building vip tour ghost hunt overnight tour great tour haunted house minute tour four floors lunatic asylum can't wait to go back interesting history beautiful building west virginia civil war
Selected filters
Reviewed October 30, 2018

We chose the 2 hour ghost hunting tours. Our guide was amazing. The building was creepy yet very intriguing. You get good background on the asylum and some of the patients. I was pleased with our experiences being that it was only a 2 hour tour. Would love to go back for the overnight and see what kinda of experiences we have.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

I am a return visitor of the asylum x3. We made a trip for a night tour of 5 people at 100.00 a piece not realizing we showed up on the wrong day and the asylum staff that night were wonderful and hoping that we could go the next weekend for our trip. The office staff informed us that we were out of our money because we can up a day late. We don’t want any money. We just want our trip and the night we never got. Family heartbroken

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Trans-Allegheny L, General Manager at Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

On October 8th you purchased tickets specifically for a Friday night ghost hunt. You were sent a confirmation email that included the date and time of arrival in bold red lettering on the first line. You received it and responded with the names and ages of the guests.

So to clarify, online you purchased 5 of only 40 tickets available for Friday evening. With any notice we could have changed your reservation, sold the tickets and recouped the money. We do have a wait list we can call on in these events. Friday's hunt was sold out. Saturday night, the next evening, you came in and we were also sold out. You asked for us not only to loose the $500 for Friday but also not be able to sell (and therefore also loose) another $500 in tickets for when you do come.

We do sincerely apologize for this situation however it was our intention to provide excellent service to you Friday evening.
We do hope you change your mind in the future and visit again.

Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

I loved the experience!! Planning an all night trip in the future, we did a historical tour and a paranormal tour. It doesn’t matter if your in for the ghosts or just the history, both are worth the visit. My husband is a civil war buff along with architecture designs, while I am the paranormal investigator, and a psych nurse. Both of us had an amazing time! Worth the drive, Scott was an awesome tour guide and we will be requesting him on our all night tour.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

we took the day paranormal tour. I do not think I would be brave enough for the night tour, we do hope to come back soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

This was one of the best tours I have been on. I cannot wait to go back and do one of the ghost hunts! The guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. So much fun!